Spitting N Sputtering

YoungWheelsCT

Wow! you replaced the pump first?.. After the filter, check the timing- this could be a clue that your T-belt has stretched; then look for vacuum leaks, or just replace the vac hoses, there are like 4. Finally try a regular tune-up (rotor, cap, plugs, including the 02 sensor; AND read the plugs to see if it really is fuel-starved, AND do a compression check/leak-down on the cylinders while the plugs are out). After that, you are all set to try the heavy stuff (although, I would still check the fuel pressure first and test the regulator by pulling it's vacuum signal).

try unplugging your O2 sensor under the hood and see if it improves. If it does, you at least know something is up with the sensor/wiring

We are talking about a VG30, aren't we?

...it could be the belts they do squeak lot n they r due to be changed..

I am not referring to the Accessory drive belts, but rather...

*THE Timing Belt*

the big-one, the one that controls the valve timing.

Edited by Derrik

• 3 weeks later...

ok i replaced the fuel filter and the fuel pump and now its controlling it better but it does it still it starts when the tach gets right above the C line and stops sputtering once it has warmed up to just below the half way marker to H line and i can drive for hours n it will be fine but its a pain just to go to my jobs and at 4 am i really dont know trouble going home. and thanks for the tips