Door Pins

why3zx

Just so, if anyone was wondering, if your bored and looking for an enjoyable, leisurely activity for a sunday afternoon, may i take this moment to suggest changing the door hinge pins and bushings on your pathfinder!!! especially pleasurable if both pins are rusted into the hinges

i would have done somewhat of a write up, but im pretty sure if your going to do that job, youd be better off finding some other way than the what i did... none the less, the door shuts now, all the way even, every time, no more dead batt due to a light on all night because the door didnt shut all the way :suicide:

Just so, if anyone was wondering, if your bored and looking for an enjoyable, leisurely activity for a sunday afternoon, may i take this moment to suggest changing the door hinge pins and bushings on your pathfinder!!! especially pleasurable if both pins are rusted into the hinges

i would have done somewhat of a write up, but im pretty sure if your going to do that job, youd be better off finding some other way than the what i did... none the less, the door shuts now, all the way even, every time, no more dead batt due to a light on all night because the door didnt shut all the way :suicide:

Haha I have to fix that on mine. How ever its not my pins its the hole where the pins go in themselves, Im just going to weld a new plate on with the right sized whole over top.

Wow, that does sound like fun.

I had a blast this weekend as well. I welded up my Y-pipe, replaced the gasket for the passenger exhaust header and installed new spindle-to-frame bolts for the upper A-arms. Oh, and I also removed the torsion bars, two frame crossmembers, starter motor, front and rear drive shafts and the shifters in order to drop the transmission to replace the clutch. I got it all back together about 6:00pm and for some reason my radio doesn't work now. :skull:

When I was visiting with MY1PATH a while back we took a gander at my pins since he had a few laying around. He said his took him all day just to pound them out. One came out fine on mine, and then the other refused to move and we beat on it with a pin punch and sludge hammer for a while. Heating didn't help either - so I can easily see how they can be a pain.

They aren't hard, just pull the circlip and pop em out with a drift.

hahahahaha, yeah, thats what i told my wife when i talked her into just coming out with me for a bit to help hold the door.... like King said, one was easy, the other was LOCKED into the center portion of the hinge by 16 years of rust, when it finally came out after pounding/drilling/grinding/pounding/swearing/pounding/more swearing it was about a third the diameter in the center of the pin. all this after two days of soaking with PB too.