Cv Axles

COPathy

Does anyone have experience using both OEM CV Axles and the A/C CV Axles off-road? I've got the 2" A/C lift, no spacers, warn hubs, and seem to go through CV Axles about 1x per year. I ordered the CV Axles from A/C this past week and will soon find out for myself... just curious! I remember reading somewhere that they were "beefier" but never heard anything regarding their field worthiness.

I've got this crazy popping sound coming from the front right corner when I turn or hit a bump so I am replacing the CV axles in addition to the sway bar links.

Edited by COPathy

• 3 weeks later...

I got the new CV Axles installed and tested and I like them alot. They definitely look pretty beefy and I'll have to see how they hold up over a summer of wheeling. I'm also in the process of installing my 2nd AC Lift (wear and tear) and am planning on getting those upper / lower links to go with it. Has anybody sampled them yet?

I got the new CV Axles installed and tested and I like them alot. They definitely look pretty beefy and I'll have to see how they hold up over a summer of wheeling. I'm also in the process of installing my 2nd AC Lift (wear and tear) and am planning on getting those upper / lower links to go with it. Has anybody sampled them yet?

In regards to the upper and lower links from rugged rocks and AC lift from 4x4parts, do ya'll think it's a good idea to replace the Front Lower Control Arm Front Bushings, Front Lower Control Arm Rear Bushings, Pan Hard Rod Bushings, Trailing Arm Bushings, and coil spring rebound bumpers at the same time? I just noticed that AC has all these parts and I'm wondering whether its worth it to replace these parts while I'm working on the suspension...

Thanks for your opinions!

Does anyone have experience using both OEM CV Axles and the A/C CV Axles off-road? I've got the 2" A/C lift, no spacers, warn hubs, and seem to go through CV Axles about 1x per year. I ordered the CV Axles from A/C this past week and will soon find out for myself... just curious! I remember reading somewhere that they were "beefier" but never heard anything regarding their field worthiness.

I've got this crazy popping sound coming from the front right corner when I turn or hit a bump so I am replacing the CV axles in addition to the sway bar links.

I just got some that had a lifetime warranty. The left and the right are the same, and they never ask questions when I bring them in for replacement.

As for bushings I replaced the front A-arm bushings as well as the rear lower link bushings from AC. They are great. Never thought to replace too much more.