Holister Hills?

whosfinder

We used to go twice a year or so, but since my truck has been non-op there haven't been many local meet ups. I would be down to ride shotgun with Enjoi if he wants to go. I'll ask him next time I see him.

• 2 weeks later...

Just recovering from bday boosing. If i get the day off, Im down for LIGHT wheeling. Wallet cant handle another, yet prob unavoidable break again.

Note to self, not listening to mark when he says you can make it. lol.

You could have made it. If you did not break an axle. especially since it was new. And you got a Calmini steering system Now. You can make it now. :)

How about next time you lead the way.

Mark

Edited by msavides

Do we have a date yet?? I'll drive the distance and be equally weenie about wheeling since I'll need the truck to get home. :D

Seriously, it would be fun and I'd like to meet more NPORA members...

B

Do we have a date yet?? I'll drive the distance and be equally weenie about wheeling since I'll need the truck to get home. :D

Seriously, it would be fun and I'd like to meet more NPORA members...

B

There are very few trails that will cause trail damage to a well maintenance truck (exception of tank traps). the biggest disadvantage that Enjoy had was not having a limited slip differential. This particular spot would flex the rear to get one tire off the ground and the other wheel would just spin. This made him have to get a running start to get past it (uphill mind you). When he would get up to the spot. The front end would get wheel hop and that is what was the demise of his half shaft and his steering components. I also don't think he had been wheeling much with a manual transmission. And it takes a while to get really competent at it. I am still stalling the engine and burning up clutch material. But I am getting better with each trip.

I am not one to push people to do what they are not comfortable with, but I was wheeling with him before and it did not sink in to me at that time that he had not wheeled this truck that much, And i knew nothing of this trucks capabilities

I think we should start by throwing a date out there and seeing how many people can make it.

Since B seems to have the most restrictive schedule I think he should suggest the first date. I for the most part can make it anytime.

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

Do you guys have any dates in mind? I'm considering making the trip. I've never wheeled at Holister and i'm up for meeting some NPORA members.

I am available any weekend. Still waiting for the people with more delicate schedules to suggest some dates.

Mark

Damn, sorry, I missed that Mark. Better not count on me, just plan what works for everyone else.

I'm out of town next weekend, and then Memorial Day weekend, but I'm getting prequalified for a real estate loan next week, so in between and after those weekends I'll be house hunting and such. I really can't commit to anything, just maybe show up if it works out. :shrug:

B

Not a problem. Just looking for someone to suggest some dates. Not too much dialog going on here lately. So I will just pop in every now and then to see if a trip date gets suggested.

Mark

Made a spontaneous trip today. They updated the park a little more. It offers a lot more ostacle courses and lighter rock crawling. Some super easy and some still extremely hard. But was a nice change.

Eye candy

*ring ring*

Me: Hey Andrew

Enjoi: Guess where I'm going!?

Me: Uh where?

E: Hollister!

DAMN IT THAT'S TOTALLY NOT COOL

At least you could have offered to let me ride shotgun or something!