Golden Gardens Show March 28 2010

Mr.510

Northwest Nissans is having their annual 'Show' at Golden Gardens on Sunday March 28th, 2010. I've been to it a few times and it's not really so much a show as a gathering or big meet-up. It's free. There's typically a lot of rice there but some cool vintage stuff and random weird Nissan hardware too. A friend and I took our Pathfinders last year and were the only ones there. I made sure my truck was thoroughly plastered with mud. That makes a nice contrast to all the shiny ricer crap... :aok:

If anybody else wants to go I'll be there again with my Pathy. We could park a group together. This event is held in a huge parking lot of a city park that's open to the public so it is a bit disorganized. Golden Gardens is a nice park on the water and is a great place to bring the family. If I had kids I'd make a picnic day-at-the-park out of it.

Anybody else want to go? :shrug:

I did this show a couple of years ago in the pathfinder. I was the only one as well. Yeah, lots of rice. I thought GG was damaged or something last year in the mudslides? I would be interested in going....but, I will be in Monroe at my kids fastpitch tournament.

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

I'll be getting dirty at Tahuya ORV on Saturday the 27th. I just hope it doesn't rain hard and wash off all the muddy goodness on the way to Seattle! I finally pulled off my busted up flares a couple days ago so it'll get dirty a little easier now. My Pathy hasn't really been washed since I put it on it's side two Winters ago so it always carries a pretty good 'base coat'. :aok:

I just thought of something. GG usually wraps up pretty early, like between Noon and 2:00 depending on the weather. I'll plan to get there about 9:00am. If anybody wants too we could go grab some food and hang out somewhere in the area after the show. Zesto's isn't far and is a kickarse burger place... and last I recall the parking lot entry ramps were still pretty 'ricer-proof'. I know none of my 510s ever got into that place!

Edited by Mister510

My house in Belfair backs up to the Tahuya State Forest and the main ORV entrance is nine minutes of blacktop away. :aok: I'm not really going to do much 'wheeling Saturday, just hit a few of the big puddles and a couple mud holes to put some fresh color on the truck for GG. Sadly I probably won't be there half an hour. No time to 'wheel at the moment. :(

packie88: You should come to GG even if your truck can't!

silverton: Where is this little mud hole you speak of? I spend a lot of time during the week in South Park as that's where my fab shop is. (I have a house here too.)

Edited by Mister510

It's off 136th S by Sunset park on the Burien/Seatac border near Des Moines Mem Dr. Where the BMX track and tennis courts are, there is a dead end road. Got my first trail related damage today, got too close to a tree, haha!

Don't mean to go OT, but here are some pics recently that I took:

some ruts I made that my friends toyota pickup got stuck in, baha

DSCN6013.jpg

DSCN6014.jpg

DSCN6016.jpg

DSCN6019.jpg

I just thought of something. GG usually wraps up pretty early, like between Noon and 2:00 depending on the weather. I'll plan to get there about 9:00am. If anybody wants too we could go grab some food and hang out somewhere in the area after the show. Zesto's isn't far and is a kickarse burger place... and last I recall the parking lot entry ramps were still pretty 'ricer-proof'. I know none of my 510s ever got into that place!

Redmill should also be around there. I'll probably be rolling in around 10, hopefully. It'll be fun to play in that parking lot without reverse...

My house in Belfair backs up to the Tahuya State Forest and the main ORV entrance is nine minutes of blacktop away. :aok: I'm not really going to do much 'wheeling Saturday, just hit a few of the big puddles and a couple mud holes to put some fresh color on the truck for GG. Sadly I probably won't be there half an hour. No time to 'wheel at the moment. :(

packie88: You should come to GG even if your truck can't!

silverton: Where is this little mud hole you speak of? I spend a lot of time during the week in South Park as that's where my fab shop is. (I have a house here too.)

Fab Shop in Southpark? Hey! thats where I work! im almost right under the first ave s bridge... do you do auto fab work?

Met Mister510 today, cool guy!

Think we saw beavis but not 100% as we tried to flag 'em down but we were ignored.

Met another guy with a green 4 door, more for show than for offroading though, it was super clean.

So, in all saw 5 pathies including my own.