2Nd Annual Mrjim Run

5523Pathfinder

Well, I figured that if we are going to do this every year, we need to set something up that gives other members enough time to make a decision to come. I thought 6 months notice would be good. But, first we need to make a choice on where we want to run it. Who can do what as far as hosting anything. Can we get any sponsors or SWAG? Is there something you would like to see or do? So on and so fourth. This will give us NW'rs a chance to get things going before it becomes a fully planned event. I need your input guys. More the merrier!

I would like to make a full board announcement at the end of April.

Derek

**Do us a favor and post up some info on any suggestions(ie: trail info)**

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

• 4 weeks later...

Ya there is a fun run from lake Wynoochee to/from lake cushman i like to take once a year. its about 30miles of loggging trails with true 4x4 trails but i just found one of them.

Edited by da0z

Ya there is a fun run from lake Wynoochee to/from lake cushman i like to take once a year. its about 30miles of loggging trails with true 4x4 trails but i just found one of them.

Can you get any other info on this area? I would like to stick with something well known and fairly easily accessible.

Where does this run take place? I'm down to go!

Thats what we are trying to figure out! Last year it was at Tahuya(find the First Annual Mr.Jim Run thread for more info). Im thinking somewhere different this year. Just gotta figure that out.

Got anymore sugesstions?

I would suggest somewhere a little more south. A great place would be yacama burns trail system if it open by time. That is a new trail system that has been being developed the last 2 years. That is just north east of Vancouver Washington.

Or there is browns camp in Tillamok State forest, It wouldn't be the most exiting for me though as it is my local stomping grounds, but it dose have trails from easy enough for stock, to you better have a supper rig and not be worried about beating it, This would let us brake up into smaller same class rigs to do trails to there level but still have like a lunch and end of day meet up sence its all at the same spot.

Thats just my 2 cents on it.

I would suggest somewhere a little more south. A great place would be yacama burns trail system if it open by time. That is a new trail system that has been being developed the last 2 years. That is just north east of Vancouver Washington.

Or there is browns camp in Tillamok State forest, It wouldn't be the most exiting for me though as it is my local stomping grounds, but it dose have trails from easy enough for stock, to you better have a supper rig and not be worried about beating it, This would let us brake up into smaller same class rigs to do trails to there level but still have like a lunch and end of day meet up sence its all at the same spot.

Thats just my 2 cents on it.

Can you post up anymore information on that location? Not a bad idea. I have thought of Tillimook, but we have to have enough takers. As long as the Mr.Jim run continues, we should be able to go to all of the NW trail systems at some point.

Is this what you are talking about???

http://www.nmaoffroad.org/orvguide/orv11.html

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

as long as its in state wa, or a little over either border, i'm down, 6 months should be enough time to save for it. getting the time off from work, is another question. september to january is 60+ hour work weeks per person.

Can you post up anymore information on that location? Not a bad idea. I have thought of Tillimook, but we have to have enough takers. As long as the Mr.Jim run continues, we should be able to go to all of the NW trail systems at some point.

Is this what you are talking about???

http://www.nmaoffroad.org/orvguide/orv11.html

No that is not where i am talking about, but i just went and looked up info on it and it will not be ready by the time this is. If you want info on it though a local group called pistons wild has been very involved in the project and have lots of info on there webpage. there page is at pistons wild

• 2 weeks later...

This is a tough one, although there are a lot of members from around the PNW, we tend the be fairly spread out.

I can say now that if it means it's a bit of a drive for me, that I should be able to attend, but as mentioned already, work demands... and life in general... can change that.

I attended the first, and don't plan on missing the second :aok:

And I'll try and spur Jim into joining the conversation :)

I would think so. I mean, when we discussed this at the first run, we were going to push it in honor of him and what had taken place. Plus, it would give people who live a distance away, know when we are doing this as it would be near the same time of year.

We do need Jims' input!!!!!!!

I have been searching different areas to wheel, but I need more input as I have not been to very many places here in WA or OR. Keep it coming guys.

Oh, has anyone heard of any progress at Rieters?(I bet Jim would like that cause its practically his backyard!)

i know the manastash ridge area pretty well after spending 3 years out there for school

That is Kinda a long run for us Oregon guys, But I have never been there and love wheeling new places. Some questions about that spot though, Is there camping. If I drive that far in the morning wheel all day I don't think I will want to drive all the way home at night. So will this be held on a saturday?