Running Boards?

ben10

Really? You WANT running boards.......no joke?

:crazy:

Well I'm planning on doing a 3 inch suspension lift and might put 32's on it and if I do I dont half to take a giant step up every time i get in.

And what are sliders?

Edited by ben10

I just finally cut my nerf step rails into pieces and handed them over to recycling.

I put a set on with plans of figuring a way to give them a little extra strength, but I am lazy so who knows when that will happen

I put a set on with plans of figuring a way to give them a little extra strength, but I am lazy so who knows when that will happen

The nissan nurf bars are pretty darn strong! I got a set off of a 93 at a pick-a-part. They sit there vehicles on rims welded together. On this pathfinder they had set the rims under the nurf bars toward the front of the truck and they didn't bend, they were holding up the front of the truck. I got the guy on the forklift to raise the front of the truck so I could reposition the rims under the frame, then I pulled off the step bars. The front brackets that wraps around the frame were bent a little but a little massaging with a hammer fixed that problem.

James

• Like 2

They are the ones I got JamesRich(actually were off a HB so I had to make my own rear brackets since they didn't line up). Jackign up on one and RESTING the weight of the truck is a little different though than a good whack to the bottom of one with some momentum goeing.

The nissan nurf bars are pretty darn strong! I got a set off of a 93 at a pick-a-part. They sit there vehicles on rims welded together. On this pathfinder they had set the rims under the nurf bars toward the front of the truck and they didn't bend, they were holding up the front of the truck. I got the guy on the forklift to raise the front of the truck so I could reposition the rims under the frame, then I pulled off the step bars. The front brackets that wraps around the frame were bent a little but a little massaging with a hammer fixed that problem.

James

The pathy nerf bars may be strong but they get too much in the way and like to rust.

I'm not worried about them getting in the way, you guys probably never been off roading in south Louisiana. We don't have big rocks and very few hills to climb just lots and lots of mudd! Once I get my pathy ready to hit the hunting lease I will post pics of what I will be riding through. Here's a few pics from last year on my quad. This is what happens when it rains too much. This is one of the roads that cuts through the middle of our lease.

IMG_0299.jpg

This is part of a trail going to one of my hunting areas.

IMG_0300.jpg

This is a little further down the trail where it starts getting a little deep. It was a little over a foot and a half. I sometimes have water coming over the headlights.

IMG_0301.jpg

A little rattling in the dark when you cant see because your headlights are under water and there are guys like this swimming around. Check out that shot, a few inches behind his head with my berreta 40 cal about 15 feet away.

Picture033.jpg

And I'll finish up with a pic of my last deer getter. May it rest in peace. It gave me 12 hard years rolling thought the crap and getting me back out.

IMG_0327.jpg

I will get some good pics of the pathy in action once I get her ready. I need tires first and then build a bumper for a winch because where I will be going no one else's truck will be able to come get me out.

James

well thanks for the help guys ithink im going to get a pair of those sliders from 4x4parts when i get my lift.

Jamesrich what kind of rifle is that in the pic with your 4 wheeler?

It's a AR15 I built in 243 WSSM. It pushes a 95 grain bullet at 3100 fps (I checked it on a chrono) At 300 yard it only has 9" of drop. I haven't had a chance to push it further than that but use my Iphone program to calculate drops. So far its been right on.

James

I will get some good pics of the pathy in action once I get her ready. I need tires first and then build a bumper for a winch because where I will be going no one else's truck will be able to come get me out.

James

If you want to save some time/money/effort, i'm working on building a winch mount like kiwipete's and can give you ideas

Here are cheaper sliders

http://www.trail-gear.com/rocksliders.html

If you want to save some time/money/effort, I'm working on building a winch mount like kiwipete's and can give you ideas

Sure I'd like to see ideas. Is it a mount for the factory bumper or a whole new bumper?

James