So I Found This Pathfinder Right?

zachbiz

Hey, so im still hunting in a sea of very few pathfinders. Basically, im fixed on a 93, 94 or 95 pathfinder 4x4 5 speed. now, i would prefer an SE because of how the stock wheels are 31x10.5 ready but thats beside the for right now.

what i am really asking is what do you guys think, and how much should i offer?

Its a 1995 XE 4x4 5speed

Now, after a quick inspection, i found some rust under the car (thats all i found and i'll go back an check it more thoroughly.)

The paint needs refreshing (white?), it needs new tires (i want 31's anyways) and possibly new shocks (I want to put on a small lift with better shocks). I was going to throw on a new timing belt and new brake pads for good measure. The exhaust manifold is most likely cracked (it has that spitting sound when you rev the engine) but thats not i big deal i want thorley headers. the interior is also in great condition, hes kept it well.

So that leaves the rust and the title. I dont know how much rust there is that i cant see or what kind of structure the rust is effecting. There is also a title issue... with the second owner, the odometer was reported as disconnected several times but the current owner has had no problem. Other than these problems, it seems like a great project car for me especially if i can get it cheap.

so what do you guys think?

Here are some photos:

2d505i.jpg

1sgpra.jpg

vf81fo.jpg

really i live in ca and have no rust. unless he's by a beach. ok i'll take that back its rare to have rust.

I grew up out there, never further inland than 5 miles. Only ever had 1 vehicle that was rust free out there, and still have it, still rust free, in Ohio.

Just by the rust hole (or so it appears to be) in the third pic I say pass it up. If there is enough there to cause a hole, then it is probably even worse farther back, whether it looks like there is rust or not (smack the side of the frame rails above the rear axle with a hammer, on any WD21 you look at.)

Any maintenance records? What is the mileage? Have you run a carfax on it?? Not enough info to make a call IMHO. Both the 95xe's I bought were from back east, but not longer than a year. A few parts have a frosting of surface rust, but it isn't prevalent so if that is the case, no worries...

Pathy's are rare down there? I'm up in the north bay area and they are a dime a dozen up here. Perhaps think about looking outside your local area?

B

looks like an out of state vehicle. meaning for rust. i dont think thats a original ca car. id offer no more than 1k.

it is an out of state vehicle. i was originally on the east coast (salt during winter... yikes)

keep looking.. plenty of rust free examples on the west coast.. why buy what you don't really want, when it needs a lot of work and has a rusty frame??

yeah i think im going to have to. but pathfinders, let alone 93-95 4x4 5 speeds are rare out here in san diego.

if you're close to the border, check out oregon's craigslist as well.

But I wouldn't want that due to the rust, even if the rest of it is clean.

southern california but im looking around in LA and orange and what not.

Any maintenance records? What is the mileage? Have you run a carfax on it?? Not enough info to make a call IMHO. Both the 95xe's I bought were from back east, but not longer than a year. A few parts have a frosting of surface rust, but it isn't prevalent so if that is the case, no worries...

Pathy's are rare down there? I'm up in the north bay area and they are a dime a dozen up here. Perhaps think about looking outside your local area?

B

i have run a carfax. the odo says 134k or something like that, but we estimate its around 170k or 180k due to the disconnected odo during the second owner. they are indeed rare up here. Only about 6 or so on craigslist at any one time, 1 or two in the configuration im looking for if im lucky. Im starting to push me search north and east so ill see what i can get.

I wouldnt even put an offer on this rig. Rust hole in the frame and more work to be done. Then you do the work and drive it for awhile and maybe want to upgrade, good luck selling something with a big rust hole through the frame with invalid odo. Not worth the effort where you are get something a little cleaner(would be almost worth it in MN where I live rust is normal).

Obvious hole in frame means there's proably more areas you can't see that are rotted through or ready to blow out. I personally hate htose dash mat things, is the dash destroyed under it? Does it stink or the guy not wear deoderant since there is 10lb of air freshners hanging from the headlight switch? Whats under that stick on chrome( another thing I don't like even beign I like some chrome, that stuff is too cheesy for me) at the bottom of the doors? Odometer fraud ain't one of my personal worrys, just do the mileage maintnance things and go from there personally but can raise some flags for selling a car, "estimated" 170k? How can you be sure it's not 250 and never had a t-belt? Plus you know it needs tires, shocks, and manifolds... you plan on buying all that stuff on your way home from purchasing it and instantly putting them on? What about stuff thats gonna suprise you it needs? Not tryign to be a jerk or anything, we are talking about a rotted 15 year old car with unknown miles though... If you want it that bad and are ready to put some blood, sweat, tears, and money into it lowball as much as you can and work from there. Worst case scenaro is it's worse than expected and you could part it out or try to sell it to someone for more than you get into it for.