What Year Is The Pathfinder Best?

97pathfinder4x4

Man its been a while since I've posted on here but I had a question I wanted to get yall's opnion on.

I currently own a 97 R50 pathfinder and am going to college next year WOOT WOOT!! haha anyways im looking to upgrade cars and of course i want to stick with the pathfinders

because there the best obviously! anyways i was wondering which year the pathfinder is best in? Looking at 1999.5-2003 model. Any preference, reason to go with this year over the rest, etc stuff like that.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Chase

99.5 all the way!!

I think the main difference would be the VG33 vs 35VQ engine. And some of the newer ones having the t-case switch (Instead of a lever).

Of course newer is always nice, because (Ideally) it will last longer, but on the other hand you can save some pennies by getting something a couple years older.

Yes, that said, 95... ;)

What is wrong with your 97?? Why does it need replacing? What will you use it (new or old) for?? Does price matter?

These are what determines the best, not some arbitrary year or trim level...

B

Well I just want something newer, nicer and more reliable.

I've replaced just about everything on this:

Waterpump

Rear Bushings

Alternator

Starter

Battery

Radiator

Brakes

it never ends.

Mainly want something that is reliable becuase i will have 2 drive 5 hours to get home now and would like something with a nicer trim

like leather seats, sunroof, stuff like that.

Well I just want something newer, nicer and more reliable.

Mainly want something that is reliable becuase i will have 2 drive 5 hours to get home now and would like something with a nicer trim

like leather seats, sunroof, stuff like that.

Get a car, not an SUV.

I remember having to drive from Butte,MT ~11 hr drive in the pathy to get back home. All I remember wanting was cruise control..... Nothing like a leg cramp 10 hours in, to make sure your awake!

Edited by SilverPath

This debate can go on forever...

It depends what interior/exterior styling you are looking for.

86-90 for a 2 door with a flat dashboard with orange square gauges

90-92 for a 4 door with a flat dashboard with white square gauges

93-94 for a 4 door with a flat dashboard with rounded gauges

95+++ for a 4 door with a modern style dashboard

You can also mix and match like find a 90 with a 95 engine etc.

I doubt that there are many trucks earlier than 94 on the road today because they have very low timing belt intervals (60k miles) but the 94+ engines use round tooth timing belts which last much longer.

My opinion, anything with a frame...

X2

The best year Pathfinder is the very early production 90 pathfinder

2 door with MPFI? Yes thank you!

But considering that they are next to impossible to find the best year pathfinders are 88-89

Your awesome

This debate can go on forever...

It depends what interior/exterior styling you are looking for.

86-90 for a 2 door with a flat dashboard with orange square gauges

90-92 for a 4 door with a flat dashboard with white square gauges

93-94 for a 4 door with a flat dashboard with rounded gauges

95+++ for a 4 door with a modern style dashboard

You can also mix and match like find a 90 with a 95 engine etc.

I doubt that there are many trucks earlier than 94 on the road today because they have very low timing belt intervals (60k miles) but the 94+ engines use round tooth timing belts which last much longer.

My 89 has blue guages I converted from a nissan stanza, the spedo goes up to 125 now an need an engine that will do the same.

Frames are good, old nissan frames give you a platform thats sturdy like a tank(mine totaled a blazer and still drove me to work the same day) a 2DR MPFI would be my favorite. My 89 is my top choice because I grew up with it but if I had another it would be a 90-93. Not too many extra accesories to weigh it down, mechanical guages that I am very good @ fixing by now and 4 doors make family things easy since I got a little one on the way....

Edited by MY1PATH

• 4 weeks later...

Mate, you'd be better off getting a Sentra or Maxima if you want something for fuel economy and comfort :P

Even the Altima is a good cruiser... real comfy to drive in, especially with the butter-smooth CVT system. God I want one for my DD :D

• 4 weeks later...

Well I personally like the older Pathfinders. They are a true SUV. You put it side by side with a newer one and you can't help to notice that it looks like it's going to do a lot more for you.

I just like the older styling ( It really is an SUV )

How ever newer vehicles are nice to have to. Not a lot of problems, better engineered ( Most of the time haha )

I have no idea what all this babble about 2 door > 4 door is. If you like two door so much, why not get a HB with a topper? And then the whole weight thing and the 4 door weighing more? I actually doubt there is more than a 100 pound difference between the trucks, as glass is heavy and it seems to me that both 2 door and 4 doors have similar areas of glass. And besides, isn't extra weight something that helps out on the trail??

Also, VG30E > VG30i

:deadhorse:

Edited by silverton

I've already posted but I gotta say...

What ever suits your needs as long as its a wd21(framed)You got kids or carry more people then get a 4 door(preforabley a 94-95 for the vg30E that has 105 timing belt interviles)If you like flying solo then get a 2 door(less power with these though).Sure some can say 2 doors are better then 4 and others can say 4 is better then 2...but come on,isnt it all kinda childish,what are we,ford vs chevy guys.My trucks better then your truck(hehehehe) no its not duece bag,mines better(hahahaha).It really comes down to ones own preferance,not what other think.

Oh,and buy the way...there are 3 doors and five doors...(the rear hatch can be used as a door in a pinch)

5 door pathys ftw.

• Like 1