Froze And Cant Get To Run

FrankTheTank

so i live in johnstown pennsylvania and recently we got about 29 inches of snow. so i was driving and most of the snow was cleaned aaway but my car decides to just shut off. I put oil in it and got it rolled into a local gas station but it still wouldnt start. So i pt some dry gas in the tank thinking maybe it was froze still with no luck. I Let it sit 5 minuts and tried again. it started sat at idle for 2 seconds and then stopped. Can any of you guys please help me figure out whats wrong?

Gas does freeze,and so does diesel.Get a bottle of Heet(spelld like that) and dump it in the tank,you probly have a bad fuel pump or ice build up right before the fuel filter.Put heet in the gas at ever fill,half a bottle each time.

Gas does freeze,and so does diesel.Get a bottle of Heet(spelld like that) and dump it in the tank,you probly have a bad fuel pump or ice build up right before the fuel filter.Put heet in the gas at ever fill,half a bottle each time.

I know it freezes but I thought it was at some ridiculous temperature that human beings cannot live in

Gasoline doesn't completely freeze until -300F. It starts to freeze at -97F. However, if you have any water at all all in the system then that will freeze at 32F.

How often do people have water in their gasoline?

as kingman said, you shouldn't, but it isn't uncommon. especially in older filling stations, water can seep into the tanks in various ways, and mix with the fuel.

it can also be introduced via damaged fuel systems (notably, rotted filler neck vent hoses).

my money is also on a bad fuel system component. bad pump, most likely, but also could be clogged filter or hose.

It does sound like its a fuel pump thats going out,it not pumping strong anuff to get the gas into the engine but its suction feeding after the engine is off,but first try a bottle of heet,its 1.99 and if it doesnt work then you know its not that...

Very often, everytime you open the cap you let air in, one component of air is water vapor. Usually and water that condences in the tank will float on the top (another reason you fill up at 1/4 tank). If it gets sloshed around it can mingle with the gas (will not dilute into it), and can get into the pump.

Anyway, I would doubt it is a freezing issue, have you checked the MAF sensor? It might have developed the ground issue that is common on our trucks. Also check your spark, if the coil is bad it won't send a good spark (white or yellow bad, blue is good). Check your fusable link also, one of those wires might be corroded.

Don't these trucks have a valve on the fuel rail?

If I'm thinking right it should look something like the valve stem to a tire. Pressing in on it with a pen or something to check is what I did when I had my Ranger to make sure the fuel was getting to the fuel rail.

Could it be vapor lock?My old chevy did that once when a fuel line got to close to the header.

Vapor lock is a thing of the past from when carbs ran ~7psi fuel line preassure.

Injected engines with preassures ranging from 36psi to 60psi or higer have no isses with with this.