body lift on a automatic

I have a 95 Pathfinder with a automatic transmission. And I currently have 31" tires but I find they bottom out at times when I'm out wheeling. What I'm wondering is if I can install a body lift on it? Even though it has a automatic trans.? If not can anyone help me on solutions for getting a higher ride hight/ lift. Without doing a full on suspension lift, since I'm on a budget. thanks

why are some people have problems with there 31's hitting the fender?

agreed... the 31x10.50 was an optional stock size tire, and if it is torsion bar sag, wouldn't it be easier and cheap to readjust the bars?

4x4parts.com

I hit the fender when flexing or bottoming out but just barely. I think 1" BL will remedy that for me you have to call and request those but its only $100. most ppl just do a 2" or 3"

4x4parts.com

I hit the fender when flexing or bottoming out but just barely. I think 1" BL will remedy that for me you have to call and request those but its only $100. most ppl just do a 2" or 3"

Yeah I'm gonna end up doing a 3" lift. Cause I found a kit online and it's only $150.00

I just did a 3" lift on mine, there is a couple of things to do,power steering pump lines,fuel lines,lower rad hose,upper rad hose,fan shroud,if you have a bush bar you need to relocate that,the bumper bracket relocation tabs loosen and drop. I am NOT trying to make this sound like a lost cause but I wanted you to know its a little bit of work. Also put the rear bolts in before the rest or it's a B***h to get them in.

I want to do a 3" body lift to my Pathfinder, but I heard on another forum that when doing a 3" body lift the four-wheel drive shifter can't shift into four low, because the shifter ends up hitting the center console when trying to shift between neutral and four low because the shifter is shorter when doing a 3" body lift. Has anyone here experienced this problem with their Pathfinder? Because I'd like to know if this a true problem. :scratchhead:

*sigh*

Did the Admins disable the search function again?? P...

Yes, what you read is true. The 3 things to do is install a hard body shifter (different shape and length), heat and bend your existing shifter or notch the floor to make some clearance.

B

Redpath has a set for $100 I think..Check for sale section

Nope not mine, I just posted it for others.

"If" it is still available, I imagine the craigslist add I linked to is expired by now.

*Sigh*

Did the Admins disable the search function again?? judge.gif

B

You would think so, but no... it still works perfectly ;)

*sigh*

Did the Admins disable the search function again?? P...

Yes, what you read is true. The 3 things to do is install a hard body shifter (different shape and length), heat and bend your existing shifter or notch the floor to make some clearance.

B

OK, I just wanted to clear that piece up before I do get the 3" Calamini SL and a 3" BL on my Pathfinder. Thanks.