My OBX Header Install

SamTex

• 3 years later...

Yep, I'm totally jacking a 3-year old thread... Blame the search engine.

I'm really interested in these OBX headers. I installed one of their first runs (before they even started marking them with their name) on my B13 and was very impressed.
The price is awesome and I'd bet on them before I trusted Pacesetter.

The lack of a Y-pipe is a big issue though. This is the only write-up I've seen on them and it seems like integrating them into the stock system was pretty complicated.

I'm on a shoestring budget after replacing my transmission so I'm wondering, how bad would it be to get these, just clamp a set of turbo mufflers to the ends and call it a day.

I can work out the rest later, but I don't want to risk hurting my engine... or upsetting me sposa.

I have run the obx headers for 2 years now and I love them but u have to make a custom y pipe. I wouldnt run 2 separate mufflers and no pipe work like u suggested. You want the pipes to meet to balance the exhaust pulses and increase the systems efficiency. Just go through and make a y pipe if u do get them. I had zero experience building exhaust and had just started hobby welding at that point and I made a y pipe and full custom exhaust in 2 days. I couldnt see a pro shop charging much if I can handle it with a 110 volt arc welder and a 4.5" grinder.

SamTex what state are you in? Just wondering if you've been able to pass smog....... I'm in CA so these would be my only option. thx

http://www.motoiq.com/magazine_articles/articletype/articleview/articleid/896/project-pathfinder-part-8-cams-ecu-headers.aspx

thinking of going this route eventually...

Edited by enkrypt3d

http://www.grounddynamics.com/product-p/464-2-c.htm

what about these? im going to start working out all the power issues including a very restrictive intake manifold.... anyone have any ideas on how to improve the intake components?

About $325 more expensive than OBX and not as flawless as one would expect, according to what I've read here.

Did we ever get a confirmation on the collector diameter on these?

About $325 more expensive than OBX and not as flawless as one would expect, according to what I've read here.

Did we ever get a confirmation on the collector diameter on these?

I'm in CA i dont have a choice if I want to pass smog.

I'm in CA i dont have a choice if I want to pass smog.

I feel for you. That's the nice thing about living in Kentucky; We have these things called "trees" that we use for filtering smog.

• Like 1

I feel for you. That's the nice thing about living in Kentucky; We have these things called "trees" that we use for filtering smog.

Yea I was born in GA that has less strict laws like that among other things but CA is my preference. Higher salaries but also higher living costs...

I'm from CA originally. I miss it, but I'm not coming back.

I wonder what the emissions regs are like in TX...

Anyhow, I suppose I'm gonna get these headers and just have a new exhaust built around them. Who needs a vacation savings, right?

For those who've had them for a while, how are they holding up? Obviously the SS is going to blue, but have you had any corrosion issues?

Also, does anyone have any experience with Thrush mufflers?

I have some very very minor corrosion starting in a couple spots just on the surface of the welds. That's after almost 3 years of mud, abuse, rivers, ocean beaches, you name it. I think they are holding up well. I only paid 100 after shipping too a few years ago.

I have some very very minor corrosion starting in a couple spots just on the surface of the welds. That's after almost 3 years of mud, abuse, rivers, ocean beaches, you name it. I think they are holding up well. I only paid 100 after shipping too a few years ago.

Thats good to hear.

I'm having trouble finding a set now. I ordered from Racing-Parts Depot, but received a refund two days later with no reason mentioned. No one answered when I called them about it.

I just talked to a salesman at ERZ Performance who says the part is back-ordered indefinitely. He recommends I try back next month....

Can anyone suggest a retailer?

I hate to say it, but I still haven't put mine in yet. I can take some pics and measurements later if you want.

That'd be great! Tho, shame on you for sitting on them for 3 years. th_smiley_slapbackhead-1.gif

I still can't find a set. OBX is notorious for bad customer care, so I doubt I'm gonna hear back from them about whether or not they're still in production (I've sent 3 emails).

HEY! If you decide you're not gonna use yours, I know a guy who's truck is stuck in the garage and willing to pay a bit above retail to get his hands on some in a hurry.

Better late then never. Still wrapped in plastic too.

img5570rz.jpg

img5573qw.jpg

img5575jc.jpg

img5572o.jpg

As much as I'd like to sell them, knowing that they're hard to get now makes me want to keep them even more. Sorry.

They'll go on sooner or later. Hopefully later this year.

As much as I'd like to sell them, knowing that they're hard to get now makes me want to keep them even more. Sorry.

They'll go on sooner or later. Hopefully later this year.

Hell, I don't blame you. Thanks for the measurements.

Those are NOT 2.5" collectors as we were lead to believe. Kinda makes a monkey of the 2.5" Thrush muffler I'd planed on using.

Curses! Foiled again. I guess I'll have to use a set of disposable Pace Makers until something better comes along.

• 1 month later...

this might be a really dumb question, were are you all getting the body lifts from? i have a 95 xe v6 and i cant find any lift for it...suspension or body.

• 6 months later...