31's on stock finder? good idea with out lift?

Gunstone

4 lightly used BFG all terrains for $40 cash.... you can have my man card, Got plenty of saved $$$ to buy another one. :wackinit:

That is a great deal!! With the $ you saved, you can buy a sense of humor!! ;)

That's a joke also, we indulge in some good natured ribbing around here...

B

• 9 years later...

I have a stock suspension on my 94 and I want to do 33s? Am I okay to do that without cutting? Or will I need to, I’ve adjusted my bars and raised it a few inches and I believe I can another inch without breaking the bolt. Just want to know the max size I can put on stock suspension even if spacers are necessary. <3

On 12/2/2019 at 3:02 PM, adamzan said:

You can do 33x10.5x15 on stock height. Provided you're using the oem "lego" wheels. But anything wider or different wheels you need to lift and possibly trim.

So what do I tell the tire place exactly then? I have oem LEGO’s, what would the numbers be before R15?

Just be prepared to pay a lot with very little selection if you choose to go the 33x10.50 15. I am not sure if even BFG is still making that size. I am running 33x12.50 15's on my Pathfinder and the selection there is less than half of what it was only 10 years ago. The 2 Firestone Destination MTs I put on the rear a couple months ago still cost me $550 and that was with my work discount of cost + 10% and I did the install. Trying to save up for a couple more for the front to replace the ones I put on a bit more than 11 years ago. 

You will have better pricing and selection with a 31x10.50 15. Even more so if you were to go with a 265 75 16, but that requires changing the wheels to a 16x7 with about 4.8" of backspace to fit your truck. 

33x10.5 is still made by BFG. I just bought a set of KO2's for my 95 last summer. And I checked the KM3 which I want for my Xterra are available in that size. It really is the perfect 33 for our vehicles. Minimal power loss compared to 12.5 wide tires.

Edited by adamzan

Wasn't sure that they were still making them. Haven't had much interest either since I like a wider tire, just my personal preference. Just for the record, I didn't notice much of a power loss when I went from my factory 31x10.50's to my current size of 33x12.50. Possible it is because I have the automatic trans, they are a little less sensitive than the manual trans. Also for the record, I love the Firestone Destination MT. I put a set on 11 years ago and thought they were the best truck tire I ever had. Smoother, quieter, and better grip than the BFG AT's I had. The new MT2 they have now is even better, at least for me. They actually grip snow and even with the locker there was no drama or 4wd needed the last snow storm.