Questions On Dana 44 Sas

So I am looking at doing a SAS on my 91 pathfinder I am only to the stage of starting to gather parts so it will be a while before I get to deep in the project. My pathfinder currently sits with a 3"SL and 3"BL to clear my 33" swampers almost measure 34". Well my main 2 questions are I want to fot 35" tires so I am thinking I will have to do a spring over axle swap to get the height, I want to know if others have done this to there pathfinder how did you get the back up to the same height to match. And also dose anyone have a picture of what they did for steering on a spring over axle dana 44 swap, The downer axle is a 89 waggy axle.

Some folks run 35s with a spring under setup and keep their body lift. Positioning the axle, spring hangers and shackles are key if you want to be able to clear 35s with minimal trimming. If you plan on keeping your body lift, I suggest you run a flatter spring if you go spring over. Otherwise you'll be sky high and you will have problem trying to match the height in the rear of the truck. When you go spring over, best thing to do is a cut and rotate your knuckles to maintain caster and pinion angle. Also, you'll need to run a high steer setup. You can get away with just running a high steer arm on the passenger side. No need to go full high steer unless you want the added benefit for clearance of your tie rod. This will minimize the bump steer you will see as the drag link is flatter.

whats up bonez i did a spring under axle and am clearing 36s but i have trimmed my fenders a bit. try searching around. big good ole information is on nissannut.com. this question has been answered quite a bit

whats up bonez i did a spring under axle and am clearing 36s but i have trimmed my fenders a bit. try searching around. big good ole information is on nissannut.com. this question has been answered quite a bit

Thats where i have been getting most of my information from packie88. athghout i found a sring over axle swap post http://nissannut.com/projects/SAS_WD21/and the http://nissannut.com/projects/SAS_3link/but im not sure about the hight with a leaf spring over to match. Do you have a build thread on your rig? Im just trying to be prepared as possible.

Edited by BoneZ

What did you use to get the rear up to the height of the spring over axle front?

I did custom 4 link in the rear and used 5.5 inch deavers.

Edited by yozsi

you can get brand new coils for under 150 bucks.

why spend 70 on spacers or an entire weekend of work to relocate stuff.

check out

James duff

wildhorses 4x4.. i'ver an both.

actually, i have a set i might sell for the right price 5.5" lift with winch.

87pathy u sure on that.

and i used 5.5 inch lift coils for a bronco with a few coils cut out to get the rear up to height and did a long arm of the stock links

Thank you for that info, and from my understanding if I leave it spring under axle it will be about the same a a 3" sl on a pathfinder.

• 2 months later...

LOL....I think 87pathy is right. What you really want is a Dana 43 cause the 44 is just to big. :sssh:

you can use a d44 out of an early bronco it only 2in wider hub to hub. then if you pull the spindle off at the ball joint you can use spendles from a chevy d44 witch allows you to keep your six lug wheels. early bronco is left hand drive like nissan.

you can use a d44 out of an early bronco it only 2in wider hub to hub. then if you pull the spindle off at the ball joint you can use spendles from a chevy d44 witch allows you to keep your six lug wheels. early bronco is left hand drive like nissan.

the problem using teh EB D44's is that due to location of the center section, you WILL have oil pan issues.

Full width D44 or waggy 44 does not interfere.