93 Factory Alarm And Remote Key Fob Supplement

dhardison

I've noticed from time to time people ask questions about the factory alarm and key fob operation. I finally took the time to scan my supplement to the owners manual and saved it as a PDF File for download for anybody that is interested. Hope everybody has a great Christmas.

alarm.jpg

Download it from this link

Security System Supplement

Edited by dhardison

• 3 years later...

Resurrection of an ancient thread here- anybody still have a copy of this manual they can share? I've been searching and can't find it. I have the quick reference sheet, but it doesn't tell me how to activate the alarm- cycling the key and flipping the switch doesn't work, apparently they designed this over my mechanical skill level of "monkey". Help is appreciated!

Yea same here, I've got a remote that works but I can't seem to get my system to 'wake up' and recognize that it's even got a counterpart remote there to talk to it. I've put the key in the ignition and pushed the button, I've long pushed it for like ten seconds and nothing ever happened.

Found this about programing, hope it helps..........

"The Nissan system can learn up to four different remotes. If a fifth remote is entered the
first remote is "bumped out" as only the last four to be entered are remembered. Any
time the system is programed all remotes to be used should be re-programmed to avoid
unintentional "bumping"
1. Locate the electronic module. (Located under drivers seat on the right side.)

2. Under the center of the Nissan label on the top of the module there is a 7/8" hole. Rub your finger over the label to locate the hole. Punch through the label with your finger or a dull object such as a pencil eraser. Inside the hole is a square yellow button. This is the programming button.

3. Cycle the ignition key to ON then back to OFF. Press and hold the programming button. The siren will emit four single introduction tones followed by a five tone burst. Release the programming button. The siren will now emit single prompting tones at one second intervals. Each prompting tone is an opportunity to program a remote. After any prompting tone press the large (arm/disarm) button of a remote. The siren will immediately emit a confirmation tone. Wait for another prompting tone and press the large button of another remote. Repeat until all transmitters to be used with the vehicle have been learned.

4. Turn the ignition key ON the OFF to exit programming mode.

5. Test remotes and cover hole on top of electronic module with tape."

On a related note. Does any one know of after-market remotes that would work with our security system? Is there a standard to look for on the back of the box or does the packaging have to list 90-95 pathfinder on it?