Definition Of A True Friend

frecklecolouredbrain

So last night, on my way home from work, I lost control of my truck on a narrow bridge. It scared the hell out of me; so bad that I had a really hard time getting in her today. The gaurd-rail that saved my life, as it turns out, was just high enough that it missed my bumper by 1mm and just low enough to not destroy my hood . Unfortunately, that is also the perfect height and size to smash out my headlights, grill, and side-markers. The headlights were brand new :/

I had a friend of mine that works the parts desk at Canadian Tire call around to see if any wreckers had the H-lights because new ones are $110 a piece, and the side markers aren't too cheap either. The only place that had any was 100km away and wanted $80 ea plus shipping. So, I bit the bullet and ordered new ones; a small price to pay I konw. The timing just sucks.

Now I'm home, thinking about who i have to skimp on for gifts, and wondering where the roommate is 'cause it 3pm and he got off work at 9:30am. And...In he comes with two bags of something, all bundled up like he'd been in the arctic for a week. I look in the bags and what do I see? but too good headlights and side-markers for me :aok: That's the reason the local wreckers had none. Total price $40. :aok:

Today it was -20C and windy in Saskatoon.

Whoa!! If that is the case, damn, that's pathetic!!

Oh, your link crashed EI as the site tried to enter my adobe acrobat.

NO PENETRATION!!!

Now, back to your regularly scheduled show...

B

It crashed your employment insurance?

What ever that is... :shrug:

B

A corner of the internet not hit by a bel air?

I am actually shocked lol.

It's just where you take a long post and it eventually leads into being the lyrics to the fresh prince of bel air.

Damn, I wonder what he wants... :D

Sounds like a friend to me!! If you were a 1000 or 2 miles closer, I'd have a grill to pitch in...

B

He also works for me at SuperStore(loblaw/Zehrs) And I gave him Christmas off to fly home to Toronto.

Thanks for the gril offer, but my local Pathfinder Store(Affiliated Auto Wreckers) has one that he stashed while. I'n not gonna pick it up until figure out where and how to cut it to fit the side markers. They are from an older HB and not notched to fit my grill.

but everything is on and working; dirty like the one i replaced in November, but working.

You are welcome.

Well, sounds like you have it under control. Good that you and the Pathy are essentially ok. :aok:

A corner of the internet not hit by a bel air?

I am actually shocked lol.

It's just where you take a long post and it eventually leads into being the lyrics to the fresh prince of bel air.

Now I recognize it!! As for hit by a 'Bel Air', no...

Most intelligent life forms stamp that sort of thing out of existence any time it emerges.

We stamp here...

If you have a problem with that I'll Rick Roll your arse, but we have to go out to the parking lot first... :D

B

I heard something one Sunday in church years ago that I thought was really significant and I even wrote it into the notes section of my Bible. Basically it was about asking yourself why your best friend is your best friend? Was it because they had a cool job, nice clothes, flashy car, or was it because they did something that meant something big enough to you that you wanted them as a friend. Its funny that I had never thought about that before. My best friend at the time was just a friend of a friend for awhile and then we started hanging out. One weekend I rolled my Ford Ranger (night I first played the quarters game - long story) and he lived in the next town about 15 miles away. I had no way to work and he volunteered to drive to my town every morning, pick me up, drive me across town to my job, then he killed time for a hour before going to his own job. He would come get me every evening after work too. It was such a selfless thing to do that he has been a very close friend every since and that was 1985. He is still back in Georgia, but we talk almost daily as though he lived around the corner. Thing like that and things like what you all did for me to get my Pathfinder back humbles me and wants me to do all I can for people around me daily.

Merry Christmas!!!!!

• 8 months later...

talk about procastination. it's been 8 months and finally got around to replacing the front, so i figured I'd post it in here.

40287_464832237039_646067039_6881460_5916022_n.jpg

pic

pic

got em thru http://www.probodyparts.com.

it's almost like taking your grandpa to get a new set of teeth :D