Dashboard Squeeks

grayfox2

There are screws scattered about in the assembly that could probably use tightening. Behind the lower panel under the steering wheel, behind the gauge cluster, behind the glove box, behind the center panel... You will probably have to take 1/2 of it apart to get them all.

B

there is aloso a bump pad on the hood hinge. if the gasket for the pad is worn out or gone it will squeak as the pad rubs on the firewal. IME this sounds like its comming from the dash when you hear it.

Believe it or not, Day95 was right. I had a 10 year old mouse in my dashboard... Lol. Yeah I have to get new bumpers for my hood, after my first accident I never replaced one of em. And I'll have to find a dashboard blow up picture in the service manual I guess. Thanks all

• 1 year later...

I also having a similar problem... But, my dashboard squeaks continually only when the truck in moving. Anyone has this problem and how did you fix it? Thanks!

there is aloso a bump pad on the hood hinge. if the gasket for the pad is worn out or gone it will squeak as the pad rubs on the firewal. IME this sounds like its comming from the dash when you hear it.

AND THAT WAS WHEN I WAS DRVING...

not when parked