Door Ajar & Dome Light Flickering

Nerfball6

Hi All,

This is an odd one that just started.

On my '94 pathfinder, my door ajar light keeps flickering (which also causes my dome light to flash). More so over bumps or at high speed.

All doors are of course closed and the door jamb switches depressed (I also taped them down to test that)

Now here is the odd part ... if I roll any one of my power windows down just a bit, the flashing/flickering stops.

Any clues?

Thanks in advance!!!

Sounds like a classic case of the back door pin is loose or worn out. It is located inside the back lift door behind the finish panel, about dead center. Mine did the exact same thing yours did wihen I rolled the driver window down 1inch.

Have seen this come up many times on here.

Edited by Alkorahil

I just fixed mine by putting a small rectangle of masking tape (1/8" thick or so) and taped it to the drivers door where it connects with the sensor......

I tried that with a wad of duct tape on both front doors to no avail. Maybe it's a different door.

It's odd that rolling the window down an inch will stop it.

search around.. there have been numerous threads about this issue.. it has a nice and simple fix too. :)

I used the search feature before posting this thread but unfortunately could not find anything.

Interestingly though, it has now stopped on it's own. Though I'm expecting it to start again.

Sounds like a classic case of the back door pin is loose or worn out. It is located inside the back lift door behind the finish panel, about dead center. Mine did the exact same thing yours did wihen I rolled the driver window down 1inch.

Have seen this come up many times on here.

I hadn't thought about it being the lift gate since it has it's own 'ajar' light. Interesting.

Edited by Nerfball6

take the rear panel off and theres a single wire going to it...with the door shut and just bump it and i bet you find that the lights go on and off...after my swap that was my problem so i just yanked it out...sometimes when it grounds out while wheeling at night i notice the lights flicker but i'm not too worried about taping up the spade connector as of yet..

• 2 weeks later...