I'm An Idiot :(

dunatic

okay so Im trying to wiring up my 4 channel amp for my speakers.

me being the dumb ass cut ALL the wires to the chasis brain, not knowing it was the chasis brain's...(thinking it was a factory amp. (under the passeneger seat)

i cut some of them to small to strip and re connect.

now, my car wont get spark or fuel.

can ANYONE help me.

any type of tips or anything :|

i havent had this car long :(

Edited by dunatic

okay so Im trying to wiring up my 4 channel amp for my speakers.

me being the dumb ass cut ALL the wires to the chasis brain, not knowing it was the chasis brain's...(thinking it was a factory amp. (under the passeneger seat)

now, my car wont get spark or fuel.

can ANYONE help me.

any type of tips or anything :|

i havent had this car long :(

The only fix is to join the wires back together, even if you have to add some wire to where you cut them.

LOL

Ok, now that I am done laughing...

You have two options. Splice, the wires back together or get a section of the wiring harness from someone parting out a truck so you have more to work with.

The short wires, can you simply solder and tape them up instead of stripping and crimping a connector on?

B

Oh god. I hate to laugh. But damn. I lol'd hard.

But yeah. only thing you can do is splice them together the best you can so nothing comes loose.

Next time, do some research before you start cutting wires to avoid something like this.

i would not use crimp connectors on this at all. i would be soldering ever single one of those wires back to the other wire to be sure i had a decent connection..

i hate laughing at other mishaps but dang dude you kinda walked into this one.

i would not use crimp connectors on this at all. i would be soldering ever single one of those wires back to the other wire to be sure i had a decent connection..

agreed,dont use crimp connectors,solder them together,...

Yep the amps are in the rear,under the widows,yes you cut the ecu...

exactly.

and yeah soldering them seems like the best bet so they don't break loose. even then if the truck gets hot enough the solders may come loose.

exactly.

and yeah soldering them seems like the best bet so they don't break loose. even then if the truck gets hot enough the solders may come loose.

there should be no reason for the solders to get that hot,if they get that hot the pathy will be on fire...

I forgot to mention that you MUST solder the wires and place small heat shrink sleeves over the joins. Please do not rely on insulation tape unless you can be sure it will not unravel and cause a short!

Take your time and do a good job of it.

there should be no reason for the solders to get that hot,if they get that hot the pathy will be on fire...

I've seen a hot day where it's weakened the solder. Like a really hot day.

poor quality solder more than likely.

I high nickel rosin core solder should hold fine. If it got hot enough to melt solder you'd a broke down long ago because your ecu is FULL OF SOLDERED CONNECTIONS!

Cheap solder. Most solder should be fine but I've seen quite a few cheap solder materials that are questionable.

Well, you are probably going to have to back trace all the similar wires, to see where they actually run (or get s circuit finder, but even then you need to find the location where that wire ends).

For the diagram, look at a FSM, or other manual(Haynes or Chiltons). You can download 94&95 manuals from a link in the garage section, but they are slightly different ECUs than 93 and older IIRC.

When you have time, add your self to the list in this thread: http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=3050&view=&hl=self alley&fromsearch=1

Edited by GrimGreg

I forgot to mention that you MUST solder the wires and place small heat shrink sleeves over the joins. Please do not rely on insulation tape unless you can be sure it will not unravel and cause a short!

Take your time and do a good job of it.

2nded :aok:

Heat Shrink and solder is the ONLY long term fix.

• 2 weeks later...

I GOT IT WORKING :D!

it was ONE green wire messing me up.

its all back together, now to change out that squeeky belt and my truck will be back to tip top shape,

untill it breaks again that is haha.

thanks everyone for making fun of me, and your help :)

ahahah