Washington Meet Up

packie88

How about we watch you run busywild? :tongue:

But there are other trials there. How are they this time of year?

I can run the busy no problem, but i have duel lockers, winch and exo cage. last time i ran the busy i came out with CAGE damage.

ok guys... unless you want body damage, and have minimum 1 locker and winch.. Your NOT going to run teh busy wild.

to be honest, if you don't have those things, i WON"T run the busy with you.

I've seen this trail eat well built rigs alive.

There are a few trails up at elbe that would be good for the masses.

Teh busy is not one of them.

sooo... when?

im down, i have locker and winch. lol ill run whatever you point me at. as long as its on a saturday i should be good to go. and elbe is theone up off of highway 2 near goldbar i think it is correct

im down, i have locker and winch. lol ill run whatever you point me at. as long as its on a saturday i should be good to go. and elbe is theone up off of highway 2 near goldbar i think it is correct

no, its near ashford / elbe

what you have would be minimum to run the busy this time of year.

I've had to winch out of spots.

Not so bad in august.. but feb.. is a different story

what about meeting in Morton, then driving over to Elbe? I know thats kind of doubling back for some(Im one), but, meeting at the Plaza Jalisco resturant would be easy. Plus, for those who dont want to wheel, they can take off pretty easy.

First weekend in March(6th-7th)? or sooner?

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

Morton is pretty much in the middle of nowhere for a lot of people, though I guess some people from the east could come over White Pass. I'll pass on Elbe personally, as from what I've heard its a beast for most rigs. The freeway cooridoors seem best as far as easy meeting and such, although which (I-5, I-90, etc.) is up for grabs. I'd have to 2nd the 87Pathy idea of wheeling then chill/party deal, especially with camping (and not driving). This is easy for most rigs at Tahuya, Evan's Creek, and I'm sure several other areas locally that I've not been to but need to hear about.

How about evans last weekend of Feb?

the trails are more mild expecially for some of you guys that are open diffed.

they are a little more open and wouldn't be such a problem for body damage.

there are only a couple short trails at elbe that would be "safe"

we can camp at evans too, tie one on.. etc.

Febuary is out for me, well, at least on saturday(gotta work). Evans would be cool, as I have never have been up there before. Tahuya would also be cool cause its been dry all the times I have been. Camping is a bit up in the air for me, but I may hang for a few after wheelin.

How about evans last weekend of Feb?

the trails are more mild expecially for some of you guys that are open diffed.

they are a little more open and wouldn't be such a problem for body damage.

there are only a couple short trails at elbe that would be "safe"

we can camp at evans too, tie one on.. etc.

I'm down for that if you go. I haven't been there in years and don't remember how tough it is. Seems like I never locked the diffs on the Mog there but it was probably Summer. My Pathy is on 33" A/T KOs with no lift and a rear LSD so you tell me. :shrug:

On the Busy Wild trail, has anybody gotten a short full size like a Blazer through it? If so I'd be down to take my Unimog on 41s there when it's nice-n-muddy! I just hate getting 5 miles into a gnarly trail to find a pinch point where I can't squeeze between two trees! Body damage is a non-issue as long as I don't go wheels-up. :aok:

do you have a winch?

lsd.. hmm,, maybe.. jeeps make it through the 311 at elbe.

you can do several trails.. not all though.

i'm going to go up with a few buds last weekend of feb, you welcome to tag along on at least a fe trails.

hell, bring hte mog to evans!

do you have a winch?

lsd.. hmm,, maybe.. jeeps make it through the 311 at elbe.

you can do several trails.. not all though.

i'm going to go up with a few buds last weekend of feb, you welcome to tag along on at least a fe trails.

hell, bring hte mog to evans!

I don't have a winch on the Pathfinder. I do have one on the back of the Mog. It's supposed to get setup Foers-style with a snatch block to pull 25k out the front. I just never got around to finishing it but I can pull 12.5k out the back.

I'll see how things are going toward the end of the month and might tag along to Elbe with the Unimog. My hauler needs tabs & tonnage and money's a little tight at the moment. I'll definitely go wherever with the Pathfinder is capable of...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys Im leaving for school at the end of March to go to UTI in Sacramento. It looks like we have some really good ideas going here we just need something in concrete. So how is this: we make a poll, on some common 4wheel areas with a good range of skill level, cuz we know not all of us have built rigs. And then make another poll on the day- from the looks of it weekends are more dooable for most though.

Id really like to get something together before I leave. It would mean a ton to meet up with all of you! :beer:

Edited by 4xKory

• 2 weeks later...

i might be able to make it just gotta bleed my brakes and make sure they work. (put in the new chevy master cylinder). what time were you thinking. and ill try and get them bled either tomorrow morning or saturday afternoon and hope theres no otehr kinks to work out

i might be able to make it just gotta bleed my brakes and make sure they work. (put in the new chevy master cylinder). what time were you thinking. and ill try and get them bled either tomorrow morning or saturday afternoon and hope theres no otehr kinks to work out

Ill be up there 930ish..

you got my number.