Washington Meet Up

packie88

Was wondering if some of you guys were intrested maybe getting together for some food or a npora dinner type deal. maybe start a regular like last thursday of every month meet in washington or something

Yeah not a bad idea at all... the last time something like that was done around here was several years ago. I could not get a sitter so I was unable to attend, but Mr. Pickles, MaritimeMan and a few others did :aok:

It was in Kent then too, a bar iirc

• 2 weeks later...

I like the this idea. Several years back I tried to get this idea going too. I thought it would be cool to have a meeting place where we could go at a restaurant or tavern once a month to hang out, then go hit the trails either before or after.

• 5 weeks later...

I like the this idea. Several years back I tried to get this idea going too. I thought it would be cool to have a meeting place where we could go at a restaurant or tavern once a month to hang out, then go hit the trails either before or after.

I really like the sound of this! I would like to meet all of you and get some experience on the trails in my new pathy.

I like the idea of meeting at a pass some where, I would think there should be some good trails and good mom and pop joints to eat?

Got my vote! :friday:

so what happened to this idea? and man most of you are on the other side of the weather barrier, thats a long drive for those few of us in the desert over here

but i'd be down, drunk, passes, wheelin, sounds like a weekend blast. why make it one night? why not a weekend campout or something?

I'm always down to go 'wheeling but I think it would be cool to also try to get a regular hangout in town going once a month. Now that I'm self employed I'd actually be able to go somewhere on a weeknight! I never even thought of this after working swing shift for fifteen years. I don't much like bars as I don't drink but I'd go to one if that's what you guys want to do. The 510 club I started met at a series of pizza joints for many years, mostly around the U District and Fluff Bluff. Based on my experience with many car and motorcycle clubs it's got to be somewhere relatively cheap if you want a regular turnout of more than two people. There's a ton of clubs that meet at various Round Table Pizzas as an example. I'm in South Seattle during the week but I'll drive almost anywhere to hang out. What's "centrally located" for most of this group? Kent or Federal Way maybe? Let's do this thing! P...

Yeah those of us in the PSW tend to be spread out in pockets... if not basically isolated from others.

South Puget Sound (say... Kent/Renton down to Olympia, even as far south as Longview would be good for me) would be good for me, weekends would be best, but week days may be possible. Just depends.

Being a single parent, it would be hard to make it to any gather that's in a bar. Restaurant, pizza place, coffee shop etc would be doable for me.

I doesn't have 2 be a bar for drinks plus I think a non-bar envornment is a little more friendly for a group of online nissan finatics to meet up esp if some of our youger members happen to be in the area.

I have been thinking lately, that we have many members here in the Northwest, we should do at least two trail runs a year. Obviously, we did the Mr.Jim run in October, and I think that will be a yearly thing. I thought maybe we should have one every six months. Now, this could be included with a group meet, depending upon where we choose to wheel. But once again, just a idea.

As for just a meet up, once a month would be tough, as things come up. Either bimonthy or every third month, would be cool. Saturday midday, catch lunch or a drink, whatever. How far would everyone travel to do this? Me, I would say Seattle is the farthest I would go north, Vancouver would be as far south(from home in Rochester). I know of a few places close to home that are good(Centralia/Chehalis/Olympia), and I know of a few in the Kent Valley that are not too bad.

Heck, when I put up a shop at the house one day, I would tell everyone to come my way. We could turn it into a meet-and-wrench on your rig day.

So, how far would you travel?

I along with a few others are as south as you can get in WA, Absolute farthest I would go for a 1 day gig is atmost Ellensburg, though even that is pushing it at 4.5 hrs. I can do Tri-cities,yakima, the like

The I prefer the I-5 Corridor

I am down for a twice a year meet and wheel/whatever considering where it was.

Edited by SilverPath

Even though I said "Kent/Renton down to Olympia, even as far south as Longview would be good for me" Seattle would be fine. Figured Kent/Renton because that's not much of a drive from the Everett area, which tends to be the norther extreme of the members (except for Jim) and Vancouver/Portland area would not be bad. Weekends, of course ;)

I dono where that is but souds like fun. I hope I can make it.

if anythings more than 2hrs from tacoma I'll need a few days notice, my job requires me a stupid travel approval slip.

Edited by MY1PATH

I dono where that is but souds like fun. I hope I can make it.

if anythings more than 2hrs from tacoma I'll need a few days notice, my job requires me a stupid travel approval slip.

sweet, busy wild.

ok that looks like maybe 1.5 hrs away, I'm a little weary of recieving custom body work but I'm sure that can be avoided with a little caution.

I'd be down for that, if I can make it.

Edited by MY1PATH