Weird Suspension Noise

findmypath

Hi everyone,

About 2 months ago I noticed a weird noise a low speeds coming from the front left suspension. Right around that time I also noticed that at highway speeds there was some steering wheel wobble. Not thinking twice about it I took it to the mechanic and he found that some of the front tires were out of balance. He rebalanced them and I thought that was it. However, I still hear the noise and the wobble is still there. To describe the noise - it sounds like a hollow sound ... not very loud. It sounds like something is loose...like something isn't tight. But I know that is not the case since the mechanic didn't see anything loose. So.....to make a long story short...have any of you come across anything like this? Is it the shocks? Any suggestions I'd appreciate it.

Thank you.

Hi everyone,

About 2 months ago I noticed a weird noise a low speeds coming from the front left suspension. Right around that time I also noticed that at highway speeds there was some steering wheel wobble. Not thinking twice about it I took it to the mechanic and he found that some of the front tires were out of balance. He rebalanced them and I thought that was it. However, I still hear the noise and the wobble is still there. To describe the noise - it sounds like a hollow sound ... not very loud. It sounds like something is loose...like something isn't tight. But I know that is not the case since the mechanic didn't see anything loose. So.....to make a long story short...have any of you come across anything like this? Is it the shocks? Any suggestions I'd appreciate it.

Thank you.

i too have had this problem....could be ball joint, or sway bar links are bad...get a second opinion