4Wheelparts.com Sale On Smittybilt Tow Straps

88pathoffroad

• 2 weeks later...

About the 2" strap... i was told in-store at 4wheelparts that the 2" is for small trucks like suzuki samurai and jeep wrangler.....

I did just buy the 3" smittybuilt strap at 4wheel parts I think it was around $30. Anyways, luckily i didn't even have to take it out of it's wrapper in Baja. While other fools were getting stuck. Down there, it's all about experience, knowing your limits. The locals drive 2WD passenger cars through these dirt roads, and an unexperienced gringo will show up in a new-millennium truck and get stuck in the same spot!!!

Baja has taught me - its not what you drive, its HOW you drive!

I got a 2"x20' and a 3"x30' on this sale. I picked them up at the PO Box yesterday and I must say they are much prettier than the greasy, frayed junk I've been using. I seem to recall the greasy frayed junk being pretty once too. I wonder what happened? :scratchhead:

Thanks for posting that Red, I owe you one!!

Winch.jpg

I ran down to the local store 5 miles away and grabbed 1 of the 3 left plus a book on local wheeling. Out the door for $300!!

It's identical to my non functioning unit, so I have parts galore for the future... I've occasionally seen them for $300 with or without shipping but this was too good to pass on. The GF thinks I'm nuts (spending on the truck that she likes so much) but I explained to her this was all going to happen next year anyway, I'm just pouncing on deals when they come up. Besides, without this winch the ARB line blanket is useless... ;)

B

Man B I totally forgot that your winch did not function crazy.gif ...otherwise that blanket would have been something else wink.gif

But, I am glad that you could take advantage of the sale thumbsup.gif

Did you also get the "Free w/Any Purchase" recovery strap?

The last time I remember them having that deal, it was a 1.5 or 2in strap. Not the best, but not something to pass up if free.

LOL It's ok, I understand, you aren't much younger than I am... :tongue:

No, the free strap was on the first 5 purchases (for the day) and it was almost 11am when I got it. I really don't need it though, as I have 3 30k rated straps and plan to salvage the cable from the old winch also. That'll give me about 250+ feet of line, and if that isn't enough... :blink:

Besides, without this winch the ARB line blanket is useless..

I shouldn't have said that, it was an exaggeration for the GF. I still have a come along and a high lift with the 'winching' package, much less if someone else hauled me out I would still be using the line damper (I just call them blankets) so it is not like it would be useless at all.

I still don't plan to get stuck though!! :tongue:

Now I get to remove the ARB, install the winch (easy) and then remount it (OMG)... :D

B