Brakes Question

PATHRIDER

Hey guys Im replacing the front disc brake pads on my wifes truck and for some reason I could not get the bottom mount of the brake cylinder body to slide in on the pinbolt...It has about an 8th of an inch more that needs to go inside where the pinbolts slides in...the lower pinbolt it already all the way in and I even used a c clamp to compress it more

could the pads be thicker than whats recommended, its a autozone semi metallic pads..both pistons are also compressed all the way in and brake pads are both sitting flush in the disc surface.. I also cleaned inside the hole where the pinbolt slides in and theres no dirt or debris in there

heres a pic of what I was refering to

1257621654088063900.jpg

1257621936087746500.jpg

Don't know if maby upper and lower pins are different lengths :shrug:

It should go in further if the correct length. Clean the pin good and lube everything up nice with some brake lube(normally a little packet with the pads, not enough to do the whole job but should help your issue).

I cleaned the inside some more with a dremel with a tiny wire brush tip and it went in ...need to break that hardened crud inside...The pins are all the same lenght

Thanks for reminding me on that lube in little packets bud..I bought 2 and smeared it all over that pin and on the metal part of the pad...test drive it after lunch :coffee!:

By the way , how do you bleed your brakes? I was told to just take the lid off of the brake reservoir and push on the pistons and let it overflow..I guess this is a shortcut.

thanks for the link..Thats how i used to bleed my brakes but I thought the shortcut way would work the same...NOT!! ...if was so spongy when I did it yesterday...I went and bleed them again the old school way and much much better now..now I can just kinda tap on the pedals