Mud Flaps Or No Mud Flaps

mgorski

i just paint my pathy crystal blue and i gotmy new tires before never had a problem with paint chipping on the bottem of my pathy but cleaning the pathy today i saw little chipping on paint missing on my truck boy was i mad six months of rebuilding and one day on offroading and then chips so what i want to know and ideas if should get mud flaps on shouldnt i and what to you think i should use

huntingoct132009006.jpg

Mud flaps will just break off the first time you hit a mud pit. Take off those fender flares too all they do is just catch mud and let it sit and rust your body panels.

Your paint's going to get beat up when you go off roading. No way around it, it's just what happens.

the paint job was done good but when rocks up one inch hit the truck paint does not stay on the flare i have do to the law around here are pricks so there there to prevent me from getting tickets

Edited by mgorski

i know some but not two weeks after painting and it only after i got the new tire but today i got a set of flaps and so far the nicks have gone down down fall is they rug abit at full flex but going to live with it but at least my paint is somewhat safer

3M (and probably some other companies) make a clear film that is applied much like window tint. It does a supprizingly good job of protecting the paint. I've used it in my superbike and was very happy. Let my try to find a link.

B

Ahh, here we are...

http://www.ppffilm.com/

Edited by Precise1
Found

3M (and probably some other companies) make a clear film that is applied much like window tint. It does a supprizingly good job of protecting the paint. I've used it in my superbike and was very happy. Let my try to find a link.

I am seeing more and more newer vehicles coming with this from the factory on the hood. Which I have mixed feelings about.

frined of mine has it on his car hood from factory maybe i will look in to it thanks might stop some of the chips little i can handle but not much again thanks again

frined of mine has it on his car hood from factory maybe i will look in to it thanks might stop some of the chips little i can handle but not much again thanks again

My concern on all these new vehicles is if it would cause uneven fading of the paint over time on a new vehicle, especially down here in TX. I guess time will tell.

guess we will see but hope to start my next pathy project and have this one sold soon so as long as the paint stay good for a year or so im happy

Edited by mgorski