Working on my Pathy again - Good stuff

MrJim

thanks scott.

I have the differential in hand now. We met at North Bend and he handed it off to me on Sunday. Thanks again. That was a very generous thing for one person to do. I really appreciate it too.

FYI, I can get those for $16.50 each if anyone needs them. That is the price for any spring at Pull-a-Part by my house...

if these would lift the back of my loaded saggy rear i'd gladly buy a set off u + time and effort! :lmao:

Hey jim, get that diff from packie, get a locker and a six pack of henry's.. and come over, i'll put it in for ya.

who am i kidding, a six pack will only get the diff opened up..lol

Actually, I was given a complete rear differential with locker already installed, so the installation should go much faster now. I am waiting for a break in the rain to jump out there and do it.

I would love some help on it and have no problem buying the refreshments. :)

Jim

if these would lift the back of my loaded saggy rear i'd gladly buy a set off u + time and effort! :lmao:

Its time for me to help someone else now... It will help things allot. I saw a set in a V8 GJC just a couple days ago. I will get them for you. Let me know where to send them? I will cover the cost in way of paying forward all the great things everyone has done for me here.

Jim

Actually, I was given a complete rear differential with locker already installed, so the installation should go much faster now. I am waiting for a break in the rain to jump out there and do it.

If you have not already verified it, make sure that the ring and pinion ratio of the new diff matches the old one, otherwise your front and rear will have different ratios and you will damage your transfer case when running in 4wd. :aok:

If you have not already verified it, make sure that the ring and pinion ratio of the new diff matches the old one, otherwise your front and rear will have different ratios and you will damage your transfer case when running in 4wd. :aok:

have tools can set up diffs if this is an issue.

we can have the 3rd swap done in a couple hours.

Its time for me to help someone else now... It will help things allot. I saw a set in a V8 GJC just a couple days ago. I will get them for you. Let me know where to send them? I will cover the cost in way of paying forward all the great things everyone has done for me here.

Jim

Its what we do.

I wish i could have helped more in the process of you getting your truck back.

stupid work always getting in the way.

im local, i could just meet you one weekend and make it easy.

Im in Sammamish and have been wanting to play around up a reiter... we could meet there.

Sounds good. I want to install my new locker :) before I go back to Reiter's just for comparison mainly, but maybe I can get the springs for you and by tomorrow, then possibly meet up Sunday if I get my stuff together in time for Reiter.

I was thinking that the next time I go to Reiter with a "group", I want to do a pre run a few days before, really map out a specific course to take, make some very clear maps to hand out, and create an agenda to try to take us from one checkpoint on the map to the next. I think that would make it more fun possibly. I am all about Reiter's after last weekend. That place was great!!!

the gears in the third are 4.3 which should be the same as what jim has in his.

Several people have mentioned this to me and I really didn't think we had many options on gear ratios on the 3.0 ltr Pathys. I am really excited about having the locker. Thanks again...

there were two gears sets available stock 4.3 and 4.6. you can check by going into the engine bay and looking at the code on the stamp thingy. ifs its hg46 then its the 4.6 and if its hg 43 then the 4.3. and sorry about not getting back to you sooner been busy with work and home projects

im game for whenever.. however I have my spare on right now as I destroyed my tire on a trail....so i not really able to venture too far as my spare is full sized but not a off road tire by a long shot!

2862044730104806154S600x600Q85.jpg

im still game to meet and wheel a little. just let me know... i'll moniter the thread. :popcorn:

Edited by beavis0076

there were two gears sets available stock 4.3 and 4.6. you can check by going into the engine bay and looking at the code on the stamp thingy. ifs its hg46 then its the 4.6 and if its hg 43 then the 4.3. and sorry about not getting back to you sooner been busy with work and home projects

I didn't know that. Thanks for the info..

im game for whenever.. however I have my spare on right now as I destroyed my tire on a trail....so i not really able to venture too far as my spare is full sized but not a off road tire by a long shot!

2862044730104806154S600x600Q85.jpg

im still game to meet and wheel a little. just let me know... i'll moniter the thread. popcorn.gif

Wow, that is harsh... I am guessing fix-a-flat ain't gonna do it this time.. :) Okay, I will keep you informed...

i was in a really rocky area on the side of a rather large droppoff late at night when I got a small slash on the sidewall. i tried to pump it up right there but it was leaking too fast, then i actually did try fix a flat... but my can was dead... so we just turned around and headed down the trail.. it was prob 3 miles before i could jack it up and change it. It sounded like the wheel was going to be a broken mess but it survived without a scratch for the most part as u can see the tire took the brunt of it. . tough wheels!

im local, i could just meet you one weekend and make it easy.

Im in Sammamish and have been wanting to play around up a reiter... we could meet there.

Hey, I wanted you to know that I spent time at Pull-a-Part looking for JGC v8 Springs for you this weekend, but all but one was gone now and that one only had one spring. The other looked to have been lost in the accident that landed the rig there. Busted alloy wheel on front left with missing spring and no rubber on wheel.

I was looking at the F150s, but they have a giant bolt that holds them in place on the bottom that required a tool larger than anything I had with me. I scoured the yard in the cold rain we are enjoying now, as I looked for a set that was loose, as they often are, but not this weekend. :(

Give me a little more time and I will keep checking back for new arrivals of the JGCs. They cycle through stuff fast there. 2 weeks ago, there were (4) four door Pathys like mine and about (3) two doors. Now there is only two very stripped 1988 2-doors. They won't be there much longer either now. I will watch for new stuff to show up and I will get those springs for you.

There is a Bronco there that is about a 92 or so, with a 6 inch lift on it. Nice... Its a nice lift too. Wouldn't work too well in the Pathfinder, just saying it was a nice lift to end up where it is...

Hey, I wanted you to know that I spent time at Pull-a-Part looking for JGC v8 Springs for you this weekend, but all but one was gone now and that one only had one spring. The other looked to have been lost in the accident that landed the rig there. Busted alloy wheel on front left with missing spring and no rubber on wheel.

I was looking at the F150s, but they have a giant bolt that holds them in place on the bottom that required a tool larger than anything I had with me. I scoured the yard in the cold rain we are enjoying now, as I looked for a set that was loose, as they often are, but not this weekend. :(

Give me a little more time and I will keep checking back for new arrivals of the JGCs. They cycle through stuff fast there. 2 weeks ago, there were (4) four door Pathys like mine and about (3) two doors. Now there is only two very stripped 1988 2-doors. They won't be there much longer either now. I will watch for new stuff to show up and I will get those springs for you.

There is a Bronco there that is about a 92 or so, with a 6 inch lift on it. Nice... Its a nice lift too. Wouldn't work too well in the Pathfinder, just saying it was a nice lift to end up where it is...

No rush man :itsallgood: if it happens it happens. :aok: first thing I need to do is get some tires! a lift wont do me any good if I cant wheel because im driving on my spare! lol

... I'm going to have to go get another Pathy (or X) so I can go wheeling with you all. Sold my rig to buy a car with gas mileage. no I work 5 miles from home,so I fill my tank on friday, and dont touch it for two weeks. And my paychecks are nicer now, can afford a beater pathy just for fun and winter driving...