Tire size question

shock6791

I have a 2002 se 4wd with 255/65r16s on it right now. I was looking to go to a 255/70r16. I know that the tire will fit underneath it with no problem. My question is, will it rub when the rear axle flexes off road? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edited by shock6791

I have a 2002 se 4wd with 255/65r16s on it right now. I was looking to go to a 255/70r16. I know that the tire will fit underneath it with no problem. My question is, will it rub when the rear axle flexes off road? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I've got the 2000 SE and it runs on 255/70/R16 BFG MT KM2. When I go on the trail, I neva heard or felt it rubbed at all.

I've got the 2000 SE and it runs on 255/70/R16 BFG MT KM2. When I go on the trail, I neva heard or felt it rubbed at all.

How you liking those tires?

Great on rocks and snow, not so great in wet rocks and mud... My friend with a 31's Mickey Thompson Baja Claw does better in both muds and rocks. But my tires are pretty quiet on the highway.

I've put about 20,000 km on the tire and when I checked last friday, they had 14/32" remaining. I go a lot on the highway and have been on the trail five times so far.

I've always been interested in 32x10.5" DC Grappler, they look pretty aggressive and probably will fit on my stock rims as well... I'm pretty sure that will fit if I do the AC lift... maybe my future mods. :)

Edited by dududuckling

• 2 weeks later...

I've got Kuhmo Road Ventures in 255/70-16 and have never had a problem with the rear rubbing. That's with worn out stock springs and flexed to the max.

However the fronts do rub when backing out of a friends driveway at full lock. It happens almost every time. Almost no flexing at all and I have never had it rub going through any other terrain.

Bigmatt