URGENT HELP NEEDED-See my second post

pathfinder93x

Ok so ive carried my issues into a new topic to hopefully get some more feedback.... For those not up to date... I drive a 95 manual nissane pathfinder. I just did the following mods to it:

-3inch suspension lift

-3inch Body lift

-Headers and exhaust

Issues still occuring

1)Truck is stuttering/chocking when shifting into higher gears

What have I done?

-Changed the air filter

-Checked the ECO for error codes but got nothing....

2)Handbreak

-This item does not reach anymore but was told to extend the brackets... havent had time but im guessing its as easy as welding 2 plates to reach the brackets.

WHAT I NEED HELP WITH:

-Today Im going to change the gas filter and want to know how to do this properly with out leaking gas all over, or if there is any tricks please let me know.....

-If the gas filter doesnt work out im going to change the gas pump... any tricks or cautions i should take for this?

Let me know asap guys, im working on her in the net hour

Edited by pathfinder93x

to change the fuel filter, you need to pull the pump fuse while the truck is running and let it run out of gas. that de-pressurizes the system so you don't get gasoline all over the place.

did your truck stutter or what not before you did the BL etc?

ok now im having another issue, i bought some air intake cleaner... done this many times in the past. Sprayed in behind the torque plate... now i try to start the car and it wont turn over.....

Also now on the driver side front fender there seems to be some ground there but its not connected could this be essential? someone help please!!

ive been reading around, alot of ppl suggest to leave the throttle body open for an hour or so to let it dry as its acting as if it were flooded... anyone agree with this theory? I only read about it on some forum about a camry.

Much appreciated in advance guys, im worried my engine might be seized by this @!*% as ive heard horror stories but always pushed them aside.

OK what do you mean exactly when you say it won't turn over?

A: Does the starter spin the motor and it just never fires? Or B: do you turn the key and nothing happens?

In the case of A turn your key to the start position but don't crank for a little while, this will allow the system to re-pressurize. You might need to pump the gas peddle a bit while cranking as well. Check to make sure that you installed the fuel filter properly. Check to make sure that the filter didn't clog right away.

In the case of B: check to make sure all your electrical connections are secure. Does the starter click when you turn the key? If so it's possible your starter is dead, try whacking it with a hammer.

I'm not familiar with spray in air intake cleaner. Maybe someone else who's used something similar before can chime in?

Im an idiot, .. left my car door open while I did this... battery died in the process....sorry guys...

On another note after adding the spray the truck ran rough till it coughed out alot of smoke then it was smooth for a while... now its back at sputtering... but as I did the cleaning of the throttle body after using a complete can it was still pouring out black... leading me to think I might need a second bottle as this happened to me in the past with my other pathfinder... and it solved the issue.

I am also going to change the gas filter and see if that helps the sputtering issue of my engine.

Any other ideas let me know

What Ive done:

1.Changed air filter

2. Cleaned throttle body

3. Checked ECU codes

Issue persists...

Edited by pathfinder93x

Need more info on this ground wire not connected??? Bad or missing grounds can cause all kinds of problems, especially erratic things. Verify all your ground connections touched during the B/L.

I say hold off on the second can of cleaner for now, unless things were stupid before a second can would be a marginal help if any.

After the fuel filter change try it again. If no change, look for a fuel line or hose that has been pinched, bent etc. If fuel is being restricted it could idle fine but cut out at higher rpms, especially in higher gears.

theres a ground on the driver side fender in the engine compartments... its a flat wire... anyone know where this one goes? its got a loop so it must have to bolt somewhere..... Does anyone have a record or some know how on which grounds are in the engine compartment and which ones i should pay extra attention to

If its that wire mesh ground strap I don't think it will hurt anything as mine are broken off as well... But it's probably a good idea to re connect it, maybe it's causing you an issue.

Maybe you can drive it here and we can take a look at it ;)

Hey Adam I plan on heading down... hit me on msn when u got a chance

If its that wire mesh ground strap I don't think it will hurt anything as mine are broken off as well... But it's probably a good idea to re connect it, maybe it's causing you an issue.

That wire was toast on mine too, and it wasn't clear where it hooked up. I wouldn't just ignore it though, as you can buy a good ground cable for $10 or less and reconnect that wire to a good ground. I've done this type of thing on both my Pathy and my wife's Acura, making a new ground from the block or frame to the battery terminal. A solid extra ground to the engine and body should not hurt, and can only help AFIK.

Edited by Mr. Pickles

you do not, i repeat do not solder your O2 sensors. They come with splice connections

Very good i thought u would have to solder it... to get it to work... what ill do is place shrhink wrap over the connections to give it a good seal... salt and snow in montreal = disaster

Many people have used Bosch and I believe NTK (NGK) is also a quality replacement, probably what I will get.

Oh, look, Autopart warehouse seems to be having a sale on them...

NTK Oxygen Sensor - Direct OE Replacement

Part Number: W0133-1614883Manufacturer Number: W0133-1614883

List Price: $179.60

Our Price: $76.95

You Save: $102.65

Quantity:

w/ connector

Type: Direct OE Replacement

Fits the following 1995 Nissan Pathfinder submodels:

1995:All Submodels; All Engines;

B

Part # NTK24157 $54 at O2sensor.net

Damn, I'm good!! #24157 $44 at http://www.catalyticconverterwarehouse.com...SOR&mode=PA

Edited by Precise1
update