Lordco, NAPA Auto Parts, Canadian Tire, etc.

westslope

If you take too many things back to CanTire you will get flagged in their system as a scammer or something. This happened to me and I didn't even do anything wrong. I just bought a lot of stuff and returned a very small fraction of it (broken, incorrect part etc.).

Hilarious! That is so funny.

So what's up? Crappy Tire has poor quality control? Here's my question to you. If their stuff is so bad, why do you keep going back?

• 3 months later...

Curt class 3 receiver hitch at Lordco $230, Can Tire $179, NAPA $193 plus $25 shipping, local owned independent $173, other local independent $165. Guess I'l give my business to the local guys, the others just suck money out of the little guys pockets. Same with spark plugs, but Walmart was HALF the price of Lordco.

NOT impressed with Lordco's 'ask at the desk' for the items price BS. Just my opinion.

LOL doesn't surprise me. You've got to know someone to really get a deal is what it comes down to. "Retail" price is absurd here, and have 30% discount means you only get 30% off the "Retail" price. But keep in mind that if you know someone, things drastically get cheaper.

To be honest, working here and having a "staff" discount really isnt all that good. I still go to B & J Parts to get most of my stuff as its STILL cheaper than my discount here. But with that said, I used to work there and they've always treated me well.

Hilarious! That is so funny.

So what's up? Crappy Tire has poor quality control? Here's my question to you. If their stuff is so bad, why do you keep going back?

I'm not really making a statement on their quality control. I think it's logical to assume that the amount of stuff you will return is proportional to the amount of stuff you buy... so if you buy lots of stuff, you are likely to return a greater absolute quantity of stuff that someone who buys very little. But it could be the same percentage amount. I think CanTire's return system has a limit for the number of returns that does not factor in how much stuff you buy, which is kinda silly. Anyway, I think now that it's the new year I get another few returns :) But I haven't had to take anything back there for a while.

Canadian Tire is good for some stuff... but for a lot of other stuff I just end up there out of necessity... there and Home Depot. Neither are great for the sort of things I want (e.g. metric fasteners) but often they are the only places open long hours or nearby.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

http://www.partsource.ca/indexD.asp

They carry major brands but I find them ridiculously expensive. An oxygen sensor there was 120dollars for direct fit and I got mine at canadian tire for 84.99 for direct fit.

I don't know if the guy at the Part Source I picked up my ignition switch from (just the switch) gave me the Canadian Tire price. They had a list price of like 45$ or something. I simply said Canadian Tire checked and said that Part Source had the part, and suddenly I got it for the Canadian Tire price.. 32$

My order of part shops is usually 1 - Canadian Tire (sorry just part of my growing up and is conditioned :) ), 2 - Part Source and 3 - Napa

I hate Cambodian Tire, avoid them as much as possible. But, occasionally they do have better prices on things like ignition coils and power transistors/ignition control modules.

Napa and Auto-value are my main source of new parts and maintenance items. . .

The local pick a part is way more reasonable that the big auto wrecker in town or the NIssan/Acura specific snobs