Subframe drop for R50

shift220

Alright so I thought I would need a small spacer and a longer bolt but it turns out to get it tight enough you need bolt it down like stock.

First I loosened and removed the steering linkage off the steering rack. This had to be shortened after rotating the rack anyway. I then took off the driver side bracket and loosened the passenger one to rotate the rack. I just wiggled it upwards how far it would go without really pushing it. Checked the linkage and it was nearly straight. Perfect.

Then I did the wire trick and figured out that each ear on the bracket just needed to be angled more. You can see in the picture about how much. I just cranked the bracket in the vise and took a few good wacks at it. The white is the modified bracket.

bent_steering.jpg

It needed to be bent roughly 10 degrees so the picture can be printed out and will help if you need it (check it on the vehicle too). What I did was hold it tight on the top bolt and make sure the square part hugged the bushing well. You'll notice that the bottom part is about 20mm above the stock mounting hole. This is where I figured I needed a spacer and a longer bolt but it turns out cranking down the stock one worked perfect and held it tight.

Of course I forgot to take pictures of it but if I did now you wouldn't noticed much of a change except the rack pointing up more.

I wanna do this lift aswell but I was thinking of doing 4" sfd and only 3" spacers. Is it possible for someone to make the front strut spacers for me? And would the f-250 shocks still work in the rear w/ only 3" spacers? And what u-joint was used off of a honda? Accord, civic?? I can't wait for my pathfinder to look as good as your guys =)

i also am going to do this lift, but my main concern is re-gearing. what gears would i use for 33's and 35's? and what do i buy for the complete gear swap? is it front and rear? i already have the 4.636 gears

you can use 4.6 at the back and 3.73 in the front , no problem...

:hide:

:lmao:

I have no idea? Like I said in a previous post... Everything I know about gearing is from either fleurys or tmorgan. And believe me, I didn't get a weekend seminar on the topic. (so, I don't know too much as of yet)

I guess what I'm trying to say is, fleurys... you gonna have a weekend seminar on gearing? Host it at your place in lovely Quebec? :-D

How does that work? I thought you have to have the same gears front and rear.

I was pulling your leg... bad joke I guess..... yes you are right you absolutely need to run same gear front and back or else, something's got to give and it's never pretty...! :-)

I have no idea? Like I said in a previous post... Everything I know about gearing is from either fleurys or tmorgan. And believe me, I didn't get a weekend seminar on the topic. (so, I don't know too much as of yet)

I guess what I'm trying to say is, fleurys... you gonna have a weekend seminar on gearing? Host it at your place in lovely Quebec? :-D

yeah, I,m having the seminar at the gazoduc on may 22nd... everyone's invited :thumbsdown: (i know you have a good reason....it's the others i'm a little disappointed...)

Edited by fleurys

I'll come up another time though! If Dave doesn't make it on the 22nd, I'll talk him and Sandor into doing a weekend.

AS for the gearing, I'm looking around the scrap yards here for 4.6's... If I can find a 4.9 frontier rear end (and front), is that a viable option or no?

I'll come up another time though! If Dave doesn't make it on the 22nd, I'll talk him and Sandor into doing a weekend.

AS for the gearing, I'm looking around the scrap yards here for 4.6's... If I can find a 4.9 frontier rear end (and front), is that a viable option or no?

Good...

as for the gearing, this is over my bank of knowledge....I have no idea...:-( If the frontier has an r200 and H233b, I don't see why it would not fit. I I were you, I would download some fsm of the frontier of different year (look on ctnc), and start reading about their diffs... you'll know for sure and also the different gearing they came with.... I'll start a small research for you on the side too..

wait so am i good with the 4.6's and 35's? im confused!

Yes, you'll be able to run 35" tires with your 4.636 gears. With the VQ there should be little to no difference in power. Your braking, on the other hand, may change.

As for the 4.9 Xterra/Frontier gears, I've been looking into this. But I've been hearing two different sides: one, it works, the other, it doesn't work... WTF. :scratchhead:

Yes, you'll be able to run 35" tires with your 4.636 gears. With the VQ there should be little to no difference in power. Your braking, on the other hand, may change.

As for the 4.9 Xterra/Frontier gears, I've been looking into this. But I've been hearing two different sides: one, it works, the other, it doesn't work... WTF. :scratchhead:

well, if you go to courtesy Nissan, the front diff pics look the same (except for the housing which is obviously different). even the part numbers for the ring and pinion are the same for one of them. So maybe you could just get the ring and pinion from the 4.9 and swap that out? Hmm...

Fontier

Pathfinder

I've also heard that we have a high pinion design and the others have a low pinion. But that makes no sense now that i see one of the part numbers are the same for both...

Jose

Edited by 180sx

When I first lifted my truck, I saw a couple of side by side pictures of stock vs. lifted Pathfinders......That's what pretty much inspired me to get my AC Lift! Does anyone have pictures of a Lifted Pathfinder vs. SFD & Lifted Pathfinder????.....They say a picture is worth a 1000 words, maybe it will get my butt moving faster into getting a SFD Kit!

Here is michiganave's sfd next to a stock pathy. Im pretty sure he is running the 2in lift coils with a 3in block in the rear and 3in in the front as well on 33x12.5 Mudds. Still a pretty big difference. Kinda hard to imagine a 4in sfd with 2in lift coils and 35x12.5's next to a stock pathy :cheetos:

qx4-1.jpg

qx41-1.jpg

Just for comparison here is mine with 2in lift on 33's next to a stock pathy, next to a stock Xterra

TubeBenderand33swithmuddinandflexin.jpg

Edited by 01silvapathy

Does anyone have pictures of a Lifted Pathfinder vs. SFD & Lifted Pathfinder????.....They say a picture is worth a 1000 words, maybe it will get my butt moving faster into getting a SFD Kit!

yeah... we do. *Nudge Rod*... Did you take the pics. at the wings meet three weeks ago?

Ron has the pics.. he was the shutter bug that night

Finally got my SFD in this morningafter waiting about 22 days for it to go through customs and get to my door, so this weekend I am going to be busy..... I have the 4" SFD to put in along with I need to replace my passenger side cv axle, both rotors and new pads, I also need to put in new upper strut mounts on both sides because they are aqueeking and I heard it is a sign of them going out and I do not want that so I am replacing both of them; and I ordered Mile Marker manual hubs but those won't be in until the end of april because I guess they are back ordered nationally. I will keep you updated.

Finally got my SFD in this morningafter waiting about 22 days for it to go through customs and get to my door, so this weekend I am going to be busy..... I have the 4" SFD to put in along with I need to replace my passenger side cv axle, both rotors and new pads, I also need to put in new upper strut mounts on both sides because they are aqueeking and I heard it is a sign of them going out and I do not want that so I am replacing both of them; and I ordered Mile Marker manual hubs but those won't be in until the end of april because I guess they are back ordered nationally. I will keep you updated.

Wow.... lot of work... I also hear that a brand new skidplate is coming your way before the end of the week... :whistle: Can't wait to see the pictures... hahaha

Wow.... lot of work... I also hear that a brand new skidplate is coming your way before the end of the week... :whistle: Can't wait to see the pictures... hahaha

I feel like its christmas, I can't wait to get this put together and go out and wheel it. I will post pics as soon as its together, and I can't wait for the skid plate!

I always enjoy threads where I find pictures of my QX4 that I didn't post...

What shocks are you running in the rear? I'm thinking of redoing my rear end with custom coils and getting rid of the blocks.

I have a shrine in my closet with pathfinder pics, you have a few on there LOL :new576: