L P G Conversion

Hi. We have just completed a LPG duel fuel conversion on ourTerrano. 1989 VG30I From what we have been told there is not any other VG30I Terrano / Pathfinders in Australia with the Throttle body injection system that have been converted to duel fuel.Plenty of VG30E ones

We would love to near from anyone who has already done one as we are still having some very minor problems.

So far we have found two wiring diagrams for this car and both are different. Can someone post one or a link to a wiring diagram.

The main problem so far was that we could not find a adaptor for the gas system to fit the throttle body. The answer was to custom make one so we then had to make a custom air filter system.

All is running good though there is a small hesatertation when going back to fuel after running on LPG. It seems as though the oxygen sensor or the computer is taking a while to work out the change over ????? We are thinking maybe a electrial hickup ???

G'day LMT, I have seen a few V6's running around Perth on LNG, I'm considering a D-Gas system for my TD, gives an increase in power and efficiency. Not sure what the hesitation may be, did have the install done at a shop? If so, I would have it back there for them to sort out.

Re LPG.

Yes the job was done in store. The service people doing the work are really great. They have lost a huge amount on time with this job and are only charging the original quoted price. They are as determained as I am to get every thing at 100%. The car it running great on straight LPG though still underpowered on Fuel.

We have tracked the running problem on fuel to our costom adaptor plate for the LPG. Not getting enough air past the adaptor block.

So back to the drawing board and will have to make some more changes or start from scratch with the air fitler system.

The adaptor has added 60 mm of height on top of the throttle body. So at the moment we are having trouble with clearance under the bonnet.

A bit hard to explain but will post some pictures as soon as I can.