CORRECT OIL FILTER

suzonka

I just looked it up on FAST, (Nissan's Parts System) and it looks like you got the wrong part. The part number I have is as follows

15208-65F00

The one you've specified is for a WD21 Pathfinder.

Edited by Simon

Just making sure the secondary oil filter cleans all the gasoline and doesn't allow sludge and carbon buildup to degrade it from 93 octane to 67 octane, which could damage the engine.

:scratchhead: ummm, how does the oil filter clean the gasoline???

Agree with Pezzy. Even if it's a dealership, it's not that hard to match the number on the paper in your hand from looking it up to the number on the box... No excuse for a simple oil filter.

I wonder...if you went back and asked for the other one and it cost more would they be willing to sell you the filter at the cheaper price since they caused this useless hassle in the first place? hhmm...I am good at barganing and can be a real........nasty person when need be...want me to go witcha? lol....

Just go to ANY autopart store and ASK for a filter for a 2003 pathfinder!!!

He already paid platnum price for a dealership one, might as well make it one he can use, next trip=parts store.

go back to where you bought it from and tell them you asked for one for a 2k3, not a wd21.

@!*% like filters, spark plugs, etc. you can just go to any major parts store like napa or lordco and tell them the make, model, and year of your vehicle and they can get you the part....you don't need part numbers. If it doesn't fit go back and call the guy a fskcing retard for screwing up an oil filter sale.

I wonder...if you went back and asked for the other one and it cost more would they be willing to sell you the filter at the cheaper price since they caused this useless hassle in the first place? hhmm...I am good at barganing and can be a real........nasty person when need be...want me to go witcha? lol....

:rofl: Discount, at a dealer? :rofl:

It happens. Rarely, but it does. It all depends on the dealer. Good ones take care of their customers.

I got a 10% discount on my timing belt parts at the dealer here in Ottawa just because when I got the total I said "damn that's pretty steep" :lol:

FYI,

Nissan oil filters are now made in CHINA.. sooooooooooooo

Personnally, i use Napa, Carquest, wix.. they are all made by wix.

wix are the best oil filters on the market and cheaper than the "name brands"

I've cut many oil filters apart and made my own desision on them..

do not use

Fram

Puralator

K&N

ive used the bosch ones for awhile now and see mto be doing there job... the fram ones are over priced adn cheaplly built not to mention the fact that they are th lgihtest cheapest things ever... ive also like the napa ones.

FYI,

Nissan oil filters are now made in CHINA.. sooooooooooooo

Personnally, i use Napa, Carquest, wix.. they are all made by wix.

wix are the best oil filters on the market and cheaper than the "name brands"

I've cut many oil filters apart and made my own desision on them..

do not use

Fram

Puralator

K&N

yes your right about those paper end caps inside the cheaper filters you listed , I got the right answer on my nissan oem filter , they say when the book calls for the shorter one 65f00, the mechanics say get me the 9e000 its a good fit and longer and better

Edited by suzonka

K&N have good media, good seal, @!*%ty bypass spring

Puralotro, average media average seal POS bypass spring

Frame, Crappy media, crappy seal, crappy bypass spring.

I hae not cut apart a Bosh filter. But i have used them.. they seam to be OK.. I need to cut one apart and have a look.

Edited by 87pathy