heated leather seats

mkedwards

hey so i went down to the junkyard today to get some things and i found a really clean leather interior to replace my old smelly cloth seats. the problem is now that i have my old seats out i started to install the new ones and cant find the wire connectors for the on/off switches. anyone know anything about this? ive found the connectors for the seats themselves but need help finding the ones for the switches.

also under the drivers seat i noticed the black box on the right is missing, what supposed to be here? the alarm system?

I would go back to the J-yard and star pulling the wiring back. I know in my mother-in-law's 94 she had, the switches were in the center console, but from there I don't know where the wiring went. It could be like the power mirrors, I added those on my 93, the dash wiring is all there but the wiring in the door is not.

That's the best idea, go back to the truck now that the seats are out and try to trace the wiring. My wires go under the carpet in the rear close to the console. Close to where the seat belt bolts to the floor. From there who knows without taking out the seats. And my switches as shown in the photo goes who knows where. I'd have to take the console apart. I might consider doing my own harness and relay instead as it might be easier.

path17.jpg

I believe the wiring goes like this:

Fuse panel /ground somewhere -> seat (all wd21s have this wire with a blue plug under their seat) --> switch (there are 2 plugs on my seat, the one on the floor fit into one side, and I assume that the other plug is for the section of wiring to go to the switch.

Hey Dhardison, does that orange-ish part of your switch light up when you turn on the heat?

Edited by adamzan

Hey Dhardison, does that orange-ish part of your switch light up when you turn on the heat?

No, and I don't think they ever did, just a way to make the button look different from some of the other buttons. But who knows maybe 16 years ago they did. I'm just glad they still heat after all these years.

yea i need some extra wiring for the switches, the junkyard is to far and im too busy to go anytime soon. im probably going to replace the carpet sometime and ill check it out then. i love to get the seat heat working before mn winter

• 2 months later...

I believe the wiring goes like this:

Fuse panel /ground somewhere -> seat (all wd21s have this wire with a blue plug under their seat) --> switch (there are 2 plugs on my seat, the one on the floor fit into one side, and I assume that the other plug is for the section of wiring to go to the switch.

Ran across this old post today and wanted to correct my reply. I turned on my seat heat for the first time this year and yes the orange center section does light up when they are on. When I replied in August I was thinking about my old 350z which didn't have lighted indicators. They've changed that on the 370's to lighted indicators.