Taking care of and giving MrJim back

5523Pathfinder

So, with Jims truck in our hands now, I do not want take very long getting it back together and given back to Jim. As mentioned in other threads, I was think of incorperating a trail run with giving Jim his truck back. Im thinking the weekend of Sept 19th, at Tahuya. This gives us a month to finish. Personally, every other weekend I have something going on with family. The weekend of Sept 5-6(aka Labaor Day), Im free with no plans. If anyone would like to come down and help clean and prep his rig, that would be the best time for me.

Let me know what you fellow Northwesterners think.

Derek

*The day of the Tahuya run and giving Jims truck back has changed!! The new day is scheduled for October 3rd!*

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the interior is pretty dirty. Lots of things need cleaning. My plan is to aquire and possiby install as much as I can by then. Cleanup is going to take the longest. Need to buff and wax, pressurewash, clean the inside, wheels need polishing, so on and so fourth.

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

As we discussed when I was there today, I am good for Saturday, but I have to work Sunday. Should be K for at least part of the day Monday as well if that is an option. Kids start school Tuesday so not all of Monday won't be an option there.

I'll spend next weekend in the wrecking yards if need be :aok:

Goit a bunch of stuff done today. Came aross a few things that threw us some curveballs. Deal with those tomorrow. Found a lot of little things that needed attention, and a few bigger things. Still, cleaning this thing is going to take a while.

Well, we hit a bit of a setback. Not really, just everything has to be put on hold. Red found out that we needed to schedule a appoinment witht the state patrol to have Jims Pathinder inspected. The earliest time available is September 25th! Sheesh, what a pain. I figured, that after the inspection, if there is anything else that needs to be addressed, we can deal with it then. We are now offically changing the date of returning Jims truck, to October 3rd. This works for me, Red and Jim. Anyone who wants to come that couldnt before, here is your chance. Hopefully all will go well from here on.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey!

I can't wait until Oct. 3rd. I am really siked about getting my baby back and hitting the trails with everyone. I hope allot of NPORA people can come.

I have not been online much in last few weeks because I moved and have been feeling a little under the weather, but I will be there on Oct. 3rd ready to roll....

:)

Jim

All is well as planned. As long as no problems with inspection, it should be back in your hands soon!!!

REMEMBER EVERYONE...OCTOBER 3RD, TAHUYA STATE PARK, BELFAIR WASHINGTON!!!!!

*As soon as Jims truck passes, we will set a time and meeting place in Belfair.*

Any plans for a bbq or camp out. If its a early start on sat., I might just camp-out friday night. I got a gps and just need an address to get me there. There is a camp ground there right?

I am looking forward to it. My daughter has set aside that day to come with me also. Can't wait.

Tahuya is pretty tame by most wheelers standards. I came up with this location because I knew people with stock rigs would like to go. I was just up there in July with a buddy. He broght his stock rig and did just fine. If he had issues, we either pulled him along or winched as needed. No man left behind. If you would like to see how he did, go to youtube and type in Wheelin Big Homie 2. His was the red pathfinder.