Rescuing MrJim

Pezzy

Although we are not done yet, I would like to give a big thanks to everyone here at NPORA who has donated to the cause, or simply shown support in anyway, this could never have happened without the good will and giving nature of the people here at NPORA! :beer:

As for todays efforts...

Thanks to Dave and all of Campbell Nelson Auto Wrecking in Arlington, WA for holding the truck and working with us to get to this point :beer:

And to Derek (5523pathfinder) for the time he put in, renting the trailer and covering fuel costs (this represents his cash donation) and the time he will put in during the restoration :beer:

And to Shane, who is not a member here and does not even own a Pathfinder. But he is a friend of Derek and now a friend of NPORA! He provided the tow rig and driving duties for the day :beer:

When I first watched the video, my wife had left her itunes up and I thought that the song I heard you edited in, maybe a bit to sappy but any way it was

Coldplay "Strwberry Swing" wow, made the video powerful !

..."Everybody was for fighting

Wouldn't wanna waste a thing

Cold, cold water bring me round

Now my feet won't touch the ground

Cold, cold water what ya say?

When it's such…

It's such a perfect day

It's such a perfect day

I remember

We were walking up to strawberry swing

I can't wait until the morning

Wouldn't wanna change a thing

People moving all the time

Inside a perfectly straight line..."

My only regret is that I am not close enough to help hands on, but I do have a parts truck and will provide whatever I can to get MrJim back on the road.

Jim, congrats and you are welcome. The only obligations you have are to enjoy your old friend with health and happiness... :D

It's a good day...

B

2nded.....You guys need a spare idler arm?....How bout a power steering box? :lol: * :tongue: @ B*

Amen to "Jims obligation" :aok:

Awesome. Totally awesome. So I have a question for Jim or anyone here, are you interested in having this make the local (or national) news? I ask because my Aunt Terry used to be an anchor for Komo 4 news and she is friends with a current anchor, Kathie Goertzen. I can email the link to MrJim's story to my Aunt and see where it goes from there.

Just a thought that my mom brought up at dinner tonight.

Glad to watch this video , welcome back mr jim .

NPORA prooved to be a very special community , congrats to all and specially to those who took the intitiative and put their time and effort to make it happen .

:fireworx::beer:

This is awesome. I'm so happy jim got his truck back. I just wish I still had one of mine, make the trails with him. and for those who dont know, shane is the guy with the green jeep in dereks last set of wheeling pics and vids

edit. BTW just went to the original thread with the pic of jims truck. Posting date was 7/21/09. 32 days from original notice to getting the truck back. NICE!!!

Edited by doughboy

Awesome. Totally awesome. So I have a question for Jim or anyone here, are you interested in having this make the local (or national) news? I ask because my Aunt Terry used to be an anchor for Komo 4 news and she is friends with a current anchor, Kathie Goertzen. I can email the link to MrJim's story to my Aunt and see where it goes from there.

Hmmm, something on the news that doesn't involve murder, war, politics, celebrities or the royal family?.......... Rubbish idea :lol:

Jim, congrats and you are welcome. The only obligations you have ar to enjoy your old friend with health and happiness... :D

Oh no no no!! There is most definitely an obligation - an obligation to post lots of new wheelin' pics with MrJim!!! ;):)

:aok: Good luck, Jim.

Edited by GoPathyGo

Just have her look at the story that Jim wrote on thier website. It was almost that the top of local news stories with 22 comments last night. Would be a good story, especially when we give it back to him.

im down for a wheeling trip once his rig is ready to proceed to the trails

we should make it a yearly event....and name it "THE MR. JIM RUN"

Edited by packie88

I would love for NPORA to get some recognition over this. It an amazing inspiring story that is much better than 90% of the stuff you usually see on the news. This is not just a local story of something nice happening. It is a story of people around the globe bound only by good intentions all coming together to do something amazing for someone they do not even know. I am so overwhelmed by it all that I do not even know what to say. Life has not been easy for me in the last few years, but I have always kept going forward knowing that life is a journey of ups and downs. When things are down, you just have to look forward to the great things that are surely ahead of you. The folks at the salvage yard wanted to invite me to come back and show them "mrJim" again when it was officially back on the road. Even they felt proud to be a part of such a huge effort of seeing people at their very best. This is a global undertaking and I can tell you that when you hold this up in comparison to the negative things I have undergone -- this outshines it all by far and I can only feel good about everything overall.

Thank you all for your part in this incredible act of kindness. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. I do want to send a special thanks to Scott, Derek, and Shane for being on the road at daybreak to drive all the way up to get the Pathfinder so they could take it back to Derek's to be gone over. I was really happy to have had the opportunity to meet them personally.

Thank you NPORA!!!!!

MrJim

Edited by MrJim
  • Like 2

Oh no no no!! There is most definitely an obligation - an obligation to post lots of new wheelin' pics with MrJim!!! ;):)

:aok: Good luck, Jim.

No Problem there.... :) Try to stop me...

MrJim

Well, just got done with a good inspection of MrJim. For the most part, he is in pretty good shape. I havet checked brakes and powertrain fluids yet, but probably later this week. Red should be here in a few with some stuff he got at the wrecking yard. Ive got a small list of stuff that he needs and few that he could use, but not necessary. I will post up that list in a little while. Others may be contacted by me or Red about some other stuff.

I will keep everyone updated as we move along.

Derek

The "MY News" (thats what they call it) story that I posted a week or so ago at KOMO 4 News can be seen at http://www.komonews.com/younews/53043907.html.

Thank again to everyone at NPORA. I hope you are all having a great weekend, but I bet its not as good as mine has been because of all of this! ;)

MrJim

Edited by MrJim

Well, just got done with a good inspection of MrJim. For the most part, he is in pretty good shape. I havet checked brakes and powertrain fluids yet, but probably later this week. Red should be here in a few with some stuff he got at the wrecking yard. Ive got a small list of stuff that he needs and few that he could use, but not necessary. I will post up that list in a little while. Others may be contacted by me or Red about some other stuff.

I will keep everyone updated as we move along.

Derek

Well? Wheres the list of needed stuff?