Tire & rim 'deal'

Precise1

Bear with me but this should be worth the read. It'll take you much less time than it took me to put it together.

The end of it all (for those with ADD) 5 31x10.5" BFG M/T KM2 mounted, balanced, etc on new Cragar Soft 8's for $1,230. That's a good price in NorCal!

The break down is that Costco sells the BFG M/T KM2 tire for $184 each + tax and $1.75 Ca disposal fee. Here in NorCal, that equals $203 per tire out the door. This price includes mounting, balancing, weights, valve stems and whatever else...

The rims are a longer story, but again, for the ADD afflicted, Summit Racing is shipping me 5 Cragar Soft 8 15x8" 6x5.5" 26lb black powder coated steel rims (purchase price included) for $212.90. Yeah... $39.95 each +11.95 handling charge for all of them(no shipping cost). IF YOU WANT RIMS, CHECK OUT SUMMIT SOON!!!

What I learned is that rims by Cragar and rims by Pacer, described as 'the same' to me before, really are. No joke!! I checked out the web sites, and the manufacturer codes are hauntingly familiar with the similar prefixes and identical (4 digit) suffixes. I checked out a few at random that proved to me that they are identical, down to the part # with some extrapolation. If you doubt, check it out...

http://www.summitracing.com/search/Brand/C...s/?autoview=SKU

http://www.pacerwheels.com/shared_modules/...9&linkBig=y

The same seems to apply to AR 767 wheels as I'm sure as they are listed also... :shrug:

A local tire and wheel fellow explained to me that there are only a few companies making tires and everyone 'resales' them. At first I was unsure, but now I begin to believe him... :shrug:

B

You did manage to get a very good deal. I purchased the same wheels from summit when I had my wrangler. Their wheel prices are very good. The tires on the other hand can be found a little cheaper at Tires-easy.com. A set of 5 BFG M/T km2 tires after shipping is only $899.50

tires-easy.com

Edited by Morningwould

Discount Tire sells the exact same wheels under their Unique brand. They list for $59, but they will match prices in most cases. Summit definately has the best deal on the black steelies. I like these too: brw-909b580540_w.jpg

Black Rock 909

Edited by KovemaN

You did manage to get a very good deal. I purchased the same wheels from summit when I had my wrangler. Their wheel prices are very good. The tires on the other hand can be found a little cheaper at Tire-easy.com. A set of 5 BFG M/T km2 tires after shipping is only $899.50

Tire-Easy.com

Damn, that is a good price, but it doesn't include mounting, balancing, etc, right?

Discount Tire sells the exact same wheels under their Unique brand. They list for $59, but they will match prices in most cases. Summit definately has the best deal on the black steelies. I like these too: brw-909b580540_w.jpg

Black Rock 909

Those rims look better. How hard are they to clean though (I'm lazy)? :D

B

No idea...

Well, I went to order my tires today and got "unavailable" for a reply. Dammit!! The guy is going to call around and see if he can find a set, one from here, there and where ever or find out how long of a wait it will be. I don't need them immediately, but I refuse to run 235/75/15 tires with a 2" body lift and a 3" suspension lift, so I'm not installing the suspension lift yet. I'll find out tomorrow but I suspect it won't be what I want to hear...

*sigh*

B

Well, the local American Tire Store is ordering my tires with a 1-3 day wait but advised me not to have them mounted until Monday, the first day of a $70 rebate. LOL, ok!!

5 tires mounted, ballanced, everything included with lifetime ballance, rotation and repair for $940. I'm cool with that!!

Damn, I have a lot of work to do in the next couple of weeks!! :blink:

B

Well, the local American Tire Store is ordering my tires with a 1-3 day wait but advised me not to have them mounted until Monday, the first day of a $70 rebate. LOL, ok!!

5 tires mounted, ballanced, everything included with lifetime ballance, rotation and repair for $940. I'm cool with that!!

Damn, I have a lot of work to do in the next couple of weeks!! :blink:

B

You can't pick on my spelling now!!! Good to see it worked out for you though in the end. Nice to see someone tell you about the rebate as well.

Damn, that is a good price, but it doesn't include mounting, balancing, etc, right?

Those rims look better. How hard are they to clean though (I'm lazy)? :D

B

No. the price doesn't include mount and balance. I go to a local tire shop that only charges me $40 for that.

As soon as I get the money I'm buying a set of those steelies...

And why does the tire-easy link come up in Russian?

I fixed the link. I had it going to tire-easy.com instead of tires-easy.com.

Those BlackRock wheels are so badass. And they are alloy, too. Much lighter than steelies! :D

The steelies are much stronger than aluminum.

• 4 weeks later...

You talking to me?? Yep, that's a stock pathy. A couple of times the knobbies made some noise while turning sharply and reversing, but no, no real rubbing issues with 31" tires and 4"BS (3.75 is stock).

I will still be doing a 3" suspension lift...

B

You talking to me?? Yep, that's a stock pathy. A couple of times the knobbies made some noise while turning sharply and reversing, but no, no real rubbing issues with 31" tires and 4"BS (3.75 is stock).

I will still be doing a 3" suspension lift...

B

I am in the market for new rims and tires. The guy who owned my pathfinder before me put a set of Xterra rims and tires on it. I like how the Xterra rims look but the off set if off I think since the tires rub on u-turns.

Ok, I really have no idea what size Xterra rims are or what their backspacing is. Hopefully someone will chime in soon so we have numbers to go by. not guesses. Can you post a picture of the rims to help identify them, or satae the year, if known??

B

As soon as I get the money I'm buying a set of those steelies...

And why does the tire-easy link come up in Russian?

I believe its polish...I maybe wrong though

Next wheels I'm buying are going to be AR Outlaw Rebel bandits....I like that chrome is so easy to clean compaired to my current AR aluminum slot mags.

And maybe a set of little meats like LTB's or SSR's.But this is after I fix the tranny...add my Cow killer to the front(really its going to be a grill guard made from 1/8inch angle iron forming a V(kinda like a out riger or a flat tow hitch)...maybe headers and 2.25 exhaust...well the lift may go on and on.