Voltage Regulator for Gas/Temp gauge

solidbob

So I've been following threads for changing the regulator for the gas and temp gauges, as mine do not work in my 92 Pathfinder. I called the Nissan dealership and they can't find nor have they heard of this part. I explained it to him, what it does, looks like and even the part # from one of the PDFs another poster provided us about how to change it. Is there a certain way to ask for this? I asked for the voltage regulator for the gas/temp gauges that is located behind the instrument cluster. I'll try radio shack as i heard it's a pretty generic part but I don't really want to tear my dash apart if I get the wrong thing.

Thanks

my mechanical cluster does not have the electronic regulator. There is an analog 'pulse regulator' (as I call it) inside the cluster. it is a flat spring with a wire arround it that touches set screw. as electricity goes thru the wire it moves away from the set screw. when Not contacting, the fuel and temp go down & it relaxed till it touches the set screw. once contacting the guages go up and it moves away. It does this so frequently that your guages hold thier position rather than go up and down. run some 400 grit between the screw and spring and trun the screw clockwise to increase callibration.

Edited by MY1PATH

So I talked to the Nissan dealership a second time, I gave him the 25020 part number, told him where it was located on the instrument cluster and what it does, he said he has it listed as some kind of voltage amp and that it costs $120! He described it as the little silver box on the back with the three wires also. I think I will go the Radio Shack route and do the soldering job that is posted somewhere here, that costs 2 dollars. If that doesn't work I may look for one in a junk yard but there is no way I'm paying $120 for that part. Not even positive it is the voltage regulator but for 2 bucks I can't afford not to try it. I'm thinking it is because no matter how much I drive my temp gauge also never moves.

Also, does anyone know an easy way to disable that annoying chime when the driver's door is open? That drives me crazy.

Thanks for all the input. WIth all the great info on here it almost looks like I know what I'm doing.

So I talked to the Nissan dealership a second time, I gave him the 25020 part number, told him where it was located on the instrument cluster and what it does, he said he has it listed as some kind of voltage amp and that it costs $120! He described it as the little silver box on the back with the three wires also. I think I will go the Radio Shack route and do the soldering job that is posted somewhere here, that costs 2 dollars. If that doesn't work I may look for one in a junk yard but there is no way I'm paying $120 for that part. Not even positive it is the voltage regulator but for 2 bucks I can't afford not to try it. I'm thinking it is because no matter how much I drive my temp gauge also never moves.

Also, does anyone know an easy way to disable that annoying chime when the driver's door is open? That drives me crazy.

Thanks for all the input. WIth all the great info on here it almost looks like I know what I'm doing.

This is the real part number 24866-54A00 Courtesy uses bogus numbers for some reason.

It fits truck and pathys 93 and older. Also the B12 (sentra) 1/86 and newer uses the same part.

size.jpg

regulator_location.jpg

This is the real part number 24866-54A00 Courtesy uses bogus numbers for some reason.

It fits truck and pathys 93 and older. Also the B12 (sentra) 1/86 and newer uses the same part.

size.jpg

regulator_location.jpg

thanks! he said it was a ten digit number but sounded like he knew what it was. I'll try one more time with this info.

• 9 years later...
  • 1 month later...