Rubbing Tranny/Clutch when cold

Hello, tried to search for a similar thread but didn't seem to see anything. So here's the deal, when I start up my truck and engage my clutch, there are times when I get a rubbing feeling in the petal and floor. it seems to go away after 10-15 mins of driving. There are times when I have trouble getting it into gear (mostly 1st, so I do the 2nd-1st switch).

Just wanna know if anyone has an idea of what I should look to fix.

Sorry, in a hurry as I am posting at work. If there are any other details I can give just let me know

oh, its the 5spd manual.

thanks for any help

I have the same trouble. It started when I changed the fluid in the trans. It gets worse when it is cold. I put 80/90 in it - I don't know what the PO had in there but it looked like auto trans fluid (could have been a synthetic). Mine will also tend to creep forward when in neutral until I have driven it a little.

try Putting REDLINE MT90 in your mt(synthetic), I promise your tranny will love it because its designed for imports w/ soft brass and bronze syncros (nissan 5spd)

It can be orded from summit racing, jegs or directly from redline.

It's expensive but I've found it to be worth every penny!

No more neutral creep(unless its like 10 below)

Shifts smoother when cold (like WA winters cold)

And like silk once its warmed up.

I have a custom built short throw shifter in my pathy and it magnifies the feeling of the cold and hard shifting in my hand but with MT90 It feels smoother than the stock shifter was with conventional 75w90.

:beer: enjoi :aok::jig::D

Mine is hard to shift into first.. has been since I got it, I just shove it in, this is a common problem. Can you describe the "rubbing" thing better? My guess is your throwout bearing is making noise and vibrating. Does it stop when you push the clutch in?

No, it the opposite. it stops when I release the clutch. The rubbing is accompanied by a humming and feels like (don't exactly know what im talking about here but) the pressure plate is rubbing or something similar. I have been musing about the throw-out bearing with a friend of mine. Problem is that if i do have to replace clutch, clutch = 100-400+, not too big a problem but labor is so Fawking expensive.

Don't know whether to just drive it till it dies (if it even dies) or bit the bullet and get a new clutch and spend the cash...which in my case is limited.