Serious replies only please.  

64 members have voted

1. 1. How much will you donate?

• $10
    • $20
    • $50
    • $100
    • $500

I'm in for $50 cause I just sold some stuff on ebay and have a paypal balance right now. It's the least I can do for a noble cause and all the great Pathy help I've gotten from you guys. I never knew I could become so attached to an old "classic" truck.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ill toss in $100 for a good cause. the email was a good idea, like trailchaser i dont come that often any more but i do value this place.

let me know when and where to send

I've pledged $20 minimum....as long as i can make my mortgage payment this month. Although I've been banned from PayPal (Long Story) i would need some other way to send the money

You guys are great!!

Yes, we will post/email and PM how to donate and when once we have all the details worked out. We are not about to accept a dime unless we are certain of following through. Some action will have to be done soon though.

Unfortunately, we are still a bit shy of the target amount but we are working on various ideas to try to work around that.

The sticker idea is a good one, and maybe even NOPRA shirts at an inflated price?? These would be in addition to the donations, not a replacement, of course. I'll knock it around today and see what I can come up with.

Your donations and responses are something to be proud of; it reminds me why I have put so much time and effort into this site... :beer:

B

Hello Everyone!

I wanted to say again how amazing it is that you are trying to help me get my baby back. I have told this story a million times this past week. I just went to the pledge section and listed that I will add $500 to get it back myself. I wish I had more to contribute. I don't really have that much that is "extra" but I will put it together to make this happen.

I am looking forward to getting back to my roots here with you all. I would love to do a NW event again soon to get us all together. It would be cool to setup something for a bunch of us to camp overnight here or something. I will think about some options for that.

I have to run now for work, but I wanted to thank you all again and say HI this morning... :)

Jim

You guys are great!!

Your donations and responses are something to be proud of; it reminds me why I have put so much time and effort into this site... :beer:

B

I wanted to say again how amazing it is that you are trying to help me get my baby back.

Jim

I agree completely, this has got the be the best community on the web, bar none!

As with B, this is a firm reminder why I am here, why I remain and why I do what I can to maintain what we have here!

The members are what make this place what is is :beer:

Scott

We gotta be getting close, what was the final (reduced) price, $2800?

Yeah that's the number and as Packie88 said,we are currently sitting at $2300 in promised minimums :beer:

To update everyone, I just spoke to the wrecking yard again and they stand by the price, saying they will make only $100 after vehicle cost and business costs associated with the purchase. But they have extended our deadline. So we will have time to collect the funds without facing the Friday/Saturday of this week deadline we were originally looking at.

Also re-confirmed that it does start, run and move under it's own power. They have driven it around the yard and said it does run fine. :aok:

This place has been invaluable to me..im in fer $20. This community is simply AMAZING..i've never seen so many people willing to help someone like this. you guys all rule! :)

keep us posted about the stickers..i've wanted one for a while and knowing that some of the proceeds will help is just icing on the cake!

Edited by Skwerlb8

I'm in comunications with our resident sticker maker. He almost volunteered faster than I could ask him; awesome guy!! We are just working out the details and should have something set up very soon!! :aok:

Messages have been sent about shirts and there may be a custom design for this, also coming up very soon!!

B

Yeah that's the number and as Packie88 said,we are currently sitting at $2300 in promised minimums :beer:

:aok:

To update everyone, I just spoke to the wrecking yard again and they stand by the price, saying they will make only $100 after vehicle cost and business costs associated with the purchase.

*cough* Bullsh!t *cough* Unless they count a new boat as "business costs associated with the purchase". :lol:

Also re-confirmed that it does start, run and move under it's own power. They have driven it around the yard and said it does run fine. :aok:

Cool. Looks like this'll get done. Awesome! Thank God.

To update everyone, I just spoke to the wrecking yard again and they stand by the price, saying they will make only $100 after vehicle cost and business costs associated with the purchase.

Yea, thats a full on line of BS. They just know what they have, the 'missing' converter is in their pile somewhere. They proably already made their money back selling the headlights. They don't realize they are dealing with a community of enthuisasts that practily lives off of junkyard parts, especially considering the automotive themed forms of employment how many of us have. Whatever they say...