Serious replies only please.  

64 members have voted

1. 1. How much will you donate?

• $10
    • $20
    • $50
    • $100
    • $500

Most people know that the site's founder, Mr Jim, has been absent from the site for years. He suffered everything from medical issues to a nasty divorse. The end of it all is that he lost his Pathy and it is now being parted out in a junkyard. While Mr Jim is doing better these days, he does not own a motor vehicle nor he is now in a position to reclaim his truck.

Some of us feel that there is something inherently wrong with situation and plan to reunite Mr Jim with his truck.

This poll is about how much, if anything, you are willing and able to donate to the cause. We have a limited window in which to act so we need information quickly. This poll will end Sunday night and funds (if needed) will be needed next week. The probable amount required is $3000 Please, serious bids only...

You will get nothing out of this other than knowing you had a significant positive impact on someones life; someone you will probably never meet, but who has already helped you regardless. :shrug:

B

Oh, multiple votes enabled so you can add up a total value. ie $10&$20=$30 donation.

See HERE for the original thread.

***If you choose to help the cause, please vote your minimum in the poll. We are using that as a basis to decide if we can do it before we collect any donations***

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said 10 on the poll but it all depends on how things are going 4 me.

Don't take that the wrong way, what I mean is 10 is the MINIMUM I will donate. If things are going really well (which it seems they are starting to) I will donate more.

Also people consider; jim was paying the hosting bill for some time after he faded away. this is more than charity, this is paying him back for the AWESOME comunity he as started and provided home for.

Edited by MY1PATH

I added my vote for a MINIMUM of $20. Re-uniting a man with his truck is a very noble cause. After losing nearly $50k because of my sister's divorce I have an idea of how bad divorce can be. Never marry in a community property state. At least I still have my trucks, all I need is a new driveway and garage.

I selected 20 as a minimum as well. Things are tight but I feel that I do owe the founder of this site, it has changed me. Every time I see a pathy in a junkyard I cringe.

I can give $20 minimum. This is beyond worth the expense, he deserves to be reunited with his truck.

When I get my final insurance money for my Pathfinder and I have enough left over and am able to, I'll donate quite a bit more than $20.

Edited by Kingman

If I can get out of a $200 ticket (stupid ridiculous seatbelt laws infringing on my personal rights & choices) I'll donate more than $10 but as of now, thats gonna be all I can do.

Edited by Fukinitupagain

I'll donate a minimum of 20. depends if my red car is done so the silver can be sold on monday. I know I'm not here often but to pop in and see this made me warm and fuzzy.

I too have voted for $20.00 donation for this worthy cause. I do not know Jim nor you chaps pushing this generous offer forward.

Seeing as I'm in New Zealand I hope you will consider a pay pal account to pay the moneys into please.

My GF just pledged $50. I already voted so I can't add it to the total...

When I asked why, she said "I know how much the forum matters to keep you guys together so I want help the guy who started it all."

The next line was "It looks like yours. When are you buying the tires so we can go off road??".

B