Mr Jims Pathy

tbecktold

Especially when the guy is the one who started this forum that we enjoy so much. :beer:

exactly, I only wish that I lived over there so that I could lend a hand with it all!

Hopefully those partout #'s wash off!

Has anyone heard of a price after telling them the purpose? I'd imagine that if everything donated just a fillup's worth, it could happen, especially if people donate the parts to fix it up

Rather my money go towards Mr. Jim than the smelly hobo by the bar...

What bar are you hanging out at that homeless dudes sit at the bar? We used to keep them away from hanging out front much less actually coming in.

But i agree, no matter how much those parts would be discounted, I think it is unanimous that somehow reuniting it with its owner is better than any sweet deal on parts smile.gif

no1 will buy them anyways...I've got a garage full of parts that no1 wants so they're all spares...so buying it and parting it out is no good unless you need specific parts off of it...

It sucks but it is what it is and I dont see a scraping yard letting the whole truck go at a reasonable price being that they can make probably $3k or more off of it unless they just have a big heart but i doubt it...and the thoughts and consideration by everyone is much appreciated by Jim

some things to wonder...does he even want the truck back? If i heard my truck was at a scrap yard i'd be there ASAP inquiring even if it was for them to set it to the side and i'd give them $100 a month ($50 for storage and $50 as payment for whatever price they dreamed up)...if such a kind act was to take place would he become active again.

I'm glad my trucks will never see a junk yard...a metal recycling yard, yes; junkyard, no

Hope for the best outcome for everyone

WTF?!?! JIIIIIIIM!

Scott, let me know if i can be of assistance too. This is BS.

Will do :aok:

But it's up to Jim really, we know what most here want to see happen...

*figured you would want to know about this one* ;)

Well, my family at NPORA never ceases to amaze me. I am always humbled by the heart of this group and it is now and always has been very much appreciated.

So much has happened since 2005 when I faded away from NPORA. My life became a constant battle and my wife had free legal assistance through her job so she made every effort to screw me over weekly for 4 years of a divorce. It cost me nearly everything I had to see it through to completion and it was worth every dime. She nearly lost our house by foreclosure by not making payments she was ordered to pay in separation agreement (I was paying my share of other bills) and even this cost us about 40,000 in legal fees. She deliberately filled MRJIM up with trash and parked it out on the road for the city to tow. By the time I learned about it, it had already been auctioned off. I saw it a few months ago on a salvage yard sales lot, but did not have the heart to even inquire about it. It was like seeing a long lost loved one with someone new. It was just painful.

I ended up selling off just about every possession I had to fight my ex wife Judy Ann Bennett of Marysville, WA in the divorce. I am happy to say that its finally over and that I survived. I do live on an island now in my boat (my only remaining possession) and I work for IBM as a System Support Rep. I am managing to piece my life back together one string at a time. I am happy. I don't have much, but I have my smile back and I know I have taken the high road at every turn. That is the most valuable thing of all that I possess. I sold my Mustang in the final stages of the divorce to pay for my lawyer and so now I actually dont even have a personal vehicle of my own anymore. IBM bought me a 2009 Caravan for work and I am able to use that for personal use too, so I am okay.

The thing I want to impress the most is that I am happy. I have little, but I live stress free on the water and in a place that I love. I am not even dating anyone at this time, but life is good and good things (like your efforts) happen more than I could ever have asked for.

For those of you with facebook accounts, please add yourself to mine and you can search for it using my email address of stillafloat@ymail.com

Thank you again for your support and encouragement. I continue to be so proud of NPORA and of the incredible bunch of people that belong to it.

:)

Jim Bennett (Mr Jim)...post-2-1248331654_thumb.jpg

Edited by MrJim

Sounds like you've been through hell, but got the best payback in return: happiness. It is amazing how hard it is to come by. :)

Well said Pezzy!!

Same goes for Simon...

Thanks for the update Mr Jim. I'm glad to hear you are finally free and putting things back together. I can only imagine what you have dealt with. As was said, there is no substitue for happiness and peace of mind, so don't lose it!!

Ok, now about that truck... I'm sure Red will follow up today and get back to us.

I have virtually any parts needed from the Pathy I'm parting out...

We will need to raise the fees to buy it, a place to work on it and some local volunteers.

Chime in with any ideas...

B

Kept that weight off and got rid of that excess baggage as well. Even if the wallet is light (curious how that malpractice lawsuit is progressing or turned out), I'm sure you are better off where you are... healthy and happy.

Good to hear from you Jim.

Edited by k9sar

Mr. Jim,

You were already away when I discovered NPORA... the caretakers here are doing a good job and is why I stick around. Sounds like you have had a rough time of it, BS no one deserves. I am sure karma will catch up to those who need it. Best wishes, hope you're 4x4ing again soon.

PS - roughly where is your island (and can you get us on any trails there?) :)

Edited by BowTied

Hey guys as in finding jims path the inside is in excellent shape still.. Since I know guy up there I'll see if I can see about budging on 3,000$ idea that's rediculous and sadly they know the suspension is valuable I can only access npora or any website on my iPhone as I'm right now so it's difficult to respond to so I'll try get back to you guys asap or email me stevensane247@yahoo.com

I can donate a little cash, and if really needed can offer a space to keep it for a week or 2 or 3.. lol. it can be worked on there, but is not a level driveway so jacking it up might be an issue, but I thought I would offer. I am willing to help with the work too, but am limited on physical activity as I have 3 broken vertebre.... lmao.

UPDATE

Just got off the phone with Jim, he is good with and very appreciative of the offer and effort involved from everyone here. And would be glad to have it back! But if it cannot be worked out he understands and is also good with it.

Before talking to Jim the wrecking yard called me back... but I have a question, who called and implied they were me?? :shiftyeyes: ...anyway, the said they can drop the price to $2800 and will gave use until next Friday. As part of it, they have already moved the truck into a fenced off and locked area for safe keeping.

Both headlights, the CAT and the sliders are missing, but everything else is there are far as they can tell. Also said that overall it is in good shape, including the interior as Steve said above! And Steve, if you can get them to drop the price even further that would be great! Not sure if your number is still the same, but I will try and call you in a few.

So lets get the ball rolling... who will handle the cash and transaction? If I am entrusted with it I am cool with that! If not, we just need to know who. I'll be back online later today to see what people think :beer:

I suppose we can figure that out if he gets it back.

I suggest a poll to determine how much $ we can raise. Actually, Ill set one up now...

I still think $2800 is a bit high for a part out vehicle, there is no way they'd make that off of it (but then I don't know what the scrap value would be)

B