TJM T-15 install

Here's the install for the TJM T-15 R50 steel bumper. Spent a wonderful, sunny day working on it while enjoying beer and football. The only thing missing would have been two foxy women in bikinis suntanning on the lawn... Oh well. :lol:

DSC07491.jpg

Started off by removing the fender splash shields, lower bumper and rad grill. Seeing as how the fender splash shields cover up a fair quantity of important stuff, I'm going to be spending the coming weekend cutting them so they can be remounted to cover aforementioned important stuff. :togo:

DSC07493.jpg

Used jackstand to hold up washer fluid tank while accessing bracket bolts.

DSC07494.jpg

Close-up of OEM bumper bracket. Pretty flimsy... :thumbsdown:

DSC07495.jpg

Top bumper (plated chrome) removed. TJM mounting brackets ready to go!

DSC07497.jpg

TJM brackets installed!

DSC07498.jpg

Bumper mounted, bolts tightened.

DSC07500.jpg

Left-hand LED turn signal good to go.

DSC07501.jpg

And voila. Ready to bash sh*t up!

DSC07505.jpg

Night shot really brings out the dark accents of the R50. :aok:

Thanks again for the armor, Dan!!! :beer:

Edited by tekazgtr1984

Looking good Ty. Good to see that bumper back in Canada. I do wonder, however, how many trips that thing has made across the border, not to mention it's initial trip from Oz. :lol:

Started off by removing the fender splash shields, lower bumper and rad grill. Seeing as how the fender splash shields cover up a fair quantity of important stuff, I'm going to be spending the coming weekend cutting them so they can be remounted to cover aforementioned important stuff. :togo:

Very nice!

Have you considered leaving the splash shields off and just using a bedliner on the fenders instead ? I'm planning to do that since the splash shields are very flimsy and can interfere with the tires. Only section where I may leave it on is the windshield washer fluid... Or I may just remove that anyway since I Rain-X the windshield regularly and never really use the washer fluid... :shrug:

i digg it, but those bull bars look kinda outta proportion.....still more than i got!

It looks a bit huge in the pics. From the right angle, the dimensions suit the R50 perfectly. :aok:

Looks good Ty.

Thanks. Now a subframe drop, 33s, rear armor, sliders, roof rack, lockers, air, and QD32ETI... :lol:

Looking good Ty. Good to see that bumper back in Canada. I do wonder, however, how many trips that thing has made across the border, not to mention it's initial trip from Oz. :lol:

It won't be doing any long distance travelling soon, unless it's with the R50. :D

Very nice!

Have you considered leaving the splash shields off and just using a bedliner on the fenders instead ? I'm planning to do that since the splash shields are very flimsy and can interfere with the tires. Only section where I may leave it on is the windshield washer fluid... Or I may just remove that anyway since I Rain-X the windshield regularly and never really use the washer fluid... :shrug:

Bedliner's already been applied, per the PO. For the shields, I'm simply cutting the lower portions and re-using the upper sections to cover the airbox and washer fluid tank. What I'll be reusing won't interfere with the tires. ;)

Buttercup? Lemon meringue? Is that the best you got? :lol:

For the shields, I'm simply cutting the lower portions and re-using the upper sections to cover the airbox and washer fluid tank. What I'll be reusing won't interfere with the tires. ;)

That's exactly what I did. :aok:

TART!

fillet Mignon

bagel

apple fritter

cupcake

pecan pie

mincemeat

muffin

chocolate eclair

:rofl:

Looks good bro.

Edited by adamzan

I'd call you a couple of other things but seeing that I don't care to get banned from here as well I'll stick wit Buttercup. Is that ok?... Sugar-tits

HEY! Keep it family friendly. P...

That is family friendly. It's common knowledge that Ty likes to pour honey on his nipples. Sheesh. :tongue:

That is family friendly. It's common knowledge that Ty likes to pour honey on his nipples. Sheesh. :tongue:

Apparently, nothing is scared these days... :lol:

I don't recall ever posting that information online either. :shrug:

Oh dear god, did we really need another one of those (like Derek and his Cheetos)

That was from personal experience...

:rofl:

Great looking bumper! So what is the word on the TJM stuff? I read that they pulled out of the US, but are there any available or is there a way to get one to the US at a reasonable price?

Saw that somebody was going to make some bumpers using the TJM as a template. Did this ever happen and are these available?

http://www.4x4parts.com/ubbthreads/showfla...rt=all&vc=1

Would consider the ARB if they made the a bumper with the brush guards.

Great looking bumper! So what is the word on the TJM stuff? I read that they pulled out of the US, but are there any available or is there a way to get one to the US at a reasonable price?

Saw that somebody was going to make some bumpers using the TJM as a template. Did this ever happen and are these available?

http://www.4x4parts.com/ubbthreads/showfla...rt=all&vc=1

Nope & Nope.

The one Ty has came off Dan's R50 which came off of someone elses, ect, etc.

You have a 2000 right? ARB makes one for you. Actually I could get it to fit mine but it would have a small 1" gap, plus its expensive as f*ck & I'm going with tube all the way around. If you want kind of a TJM look bumper thne get a KMA wincher (google it)