Anybody here into R/C cars?

FUELER

Is anybody here into toy remote-control cars?

If so, post up what you got!

I have a Associated 1:10 truck, nitro, it runs like a bat out of hell and can stand up wheelies while already running at speeds of 40+ mph

Great for hitting up local canyons and getting that off-road fix in your system, without having to drive 2+ hours to your nearest 4x4 trail :)

P1000608.jpg

P4220314.jpg

I used to have quite a few and a few months back i got in a tight spot and sold most of them off...I want to find a double dare or terrano but they're incredibly crazy since they are rare...I currently have these 2:

the Cliff Climber is electric:

4163_619633802097_36619102_36421727_3135238_n.jpg

The stampede is nitro:

DSCN3308.jpg

This was my 90% aluminum Tmaxx:

DSCN3361.jpg

My other Tmaxx that I had:

DSCN3375.jpg

Stampede I sold (this one was probably the most fun:

DSCN3376.jpg

DSCN3051.jpg

• 11 years later...

Uhhhh necro-thread? Thread-undead? Zombie-thread? IDK what you wanna call it, but I'm bringing this back, because  :offtopic:! (You never did find that other thread @RedPath88, here's your 11 year late reminder lol, although I couldn't dig it up either so who knows...)

Is there a decent RC community lurking around this forum? I feel like most car guys have at least one on a shelf somewhere. After a recent socially-distanced board meeting at my place a couple months ago for my local 4x4 club (Two Trackers) where some RC's got pulled out of the basement for some fun, a lot of members starting buying their own rigs or fixing up old ones. It's been quite the hoot between fullsize club trail rides. I still haven't done the Pathfinder build I've been wanting to due to a lack of good body options, but the chassis options are really good now, especially with Element RC's (Team Associated in disguise) IFS stuff.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/enduro-trailrunner-rtr/ASC40104.html?utm_campaign=search&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&gclid=Cj0KCQjwtsv7BRCmARIsANu-CQd_06vdOXMH4iItKdXNUbGsaZrhnyGXY8St9nq4t2ZMMUEprtQabjUaAjzTEALw_wcB

I've got a second gen 4Runner on an SCX10 chassis that's painted and detailed to look vaguely like an SAS'd version of my old QX4, but sure would be cooler if it had more distinctive Nissan body lines and IFS.

• 3 weeks later...

@mjotrainbrain I honestly don't recall this thread :lol: But there have been a few RC related threads over time.

But in the interest of moving forward. I currently have some old R/C's, not as old R/C's and a newer clone of an older, but updated, R/C.

• Kyosho Double Dare, a 1/10th scale 4WDS Nissan Hardbody monster truck. This was my very first hobby class RC.
  • Kyosho Turbo Ultimate, a 1/10th scale 2WD off road buggy
  • Yokomo YZ10, a 1/10th scale 4WD off road buggy. One of my favorites and has been modified extensively.
  • Duratrax 835B, an 1/8th scale 4WD Nitro Buggy. Bought three of them (two for the boys) tons-of-fun! :Aok: Always wanted a Kyosho Inferno when I was a kid, but could never afford one.
  • Tamyia Bruiser clone, a 1/10th scale Toyota 4WD replica. This replaced the Tamyia Mountaineer (different version of the same model) that I sold to my brother to by my first, real, car. Thee agreed condition was that if he ever sold it, I got first option to buy back. 3-5yrs after he sold it, I found out that he had, sold it! P... I actually have two of these, as one is slated for a special project at some point.

No longer have my Plane or Helo. Also sold/traded away my Losi XXT and gold pan RC10 long, long ago.

• 1 year later...

Groundbreaking for new construction happened yesterday, right next door... So unless they fence the whole thing off :thumbsdown:, I might have an easy reason to break out the 1/8 and 1/10 scale offroad RC's! :Aok:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...