Plenum Spacer

Purposed Skunk2 Pathfinder spacer

Could this be? They have different sku numbers for each model they offer...could this be real? Skunk2's website only shows for 350z/G35...but they do make one for the altima also what gives?

Fleurys, you feel like creating/making something for the engine?

edit: go by the picture? They show the same pic for everything with a disclaimer.

Edited by 02silverpathy

It's just a gasket like device (but a lot thicker than a gasket) that isolates the plenum from the heat of the engine (or so that's the claim). The result is cooler intake air. It also slightly increases the total air volume of the plenum.

Cooler and more air = more horsepower

Ah ok, very helpful. Hmm. If it's just a gasket, can't one be made at home ? Also, is there really a verifiable (dyno-able) way to measure the increased hp ? I'm just wondering how much of a diff a couple of inches would make...

Ah ok, very helpful. Hmm. If it's just a gasket, can't one be made at home ? Also, is there really a verifiable (dyno-able) way to measure the increased hp ? I'm just wondering how much of a diff a couple of inches would make...

all of the gained hp would be a result of cooler intake air temperature. the extra volume is still after the MAF and before the injectors, so the computer couldn't care less if there was X more volume, or Y more volume. this sounds like a great easy-to-install mod for you VQ guys. the concept is proven and has been around for a long time in marine applications, where the intake (and exhaust) manifolds are water-cooled. in this application, you obviously won't have the same percentage gain, but the part should be reasonably affordable so even 5hp gained makes it worthwhile.

I say forget all this exotic plenum shlenum stuff and get some toilet flanges and pvc pipe and make a true cold air intake! ;):lol:

It's an interesting idea. Just would be towards the end of my list of performance-oriented mods rather than the beginning. I'd expect to get more verifiable bang-for-buck through things like a cold-air intake, freer-flowing exhaust etc.

/\/\/\

Right on!

Today I got a return mail from NWP engineering...they may make my Pathy a test vehicle, for a price (lol).

So far the 00-01 Maxima uses the same gaskets for the:

------>lower intake manifold to upper intake manifold gasket

------>the lower intake manifold to head(s) gasket.

NWP currently makes a kit for the 00-01 3.0 Max, something is in the works here! From their web-site, along with the throttle body gasket/coolant bypass this gasket set reduces intake temps by over 40 degrees farenheit--thus retaining the power that your engine makes when first started up cold, longer!

NWP Spacer/Gaskets

Edited by 02silverpathy

I have been in contact with Skunk2 about this and they don't know if it would fit and didn't seem to care much either.

The intake on a 350Z is different but I don't think the the dimensions where it mates with the actual intake runners are different.

Thanks for looking into this would be nice to know if it works as this mod is near the top of the miscellaneous pile.

Markus

• 1 year later...

VG parts? Where?!?!?! Only a few for us VG33 guys (and most of it is modded VG30 stuff!!). This looks cool. I know that the throttle body spacere is pointless, but ading that with this...hmmm...maybe. Probably not. Cool product though.

Jose

Maybe you can have this guy make yall VQ folks a spacer... http://extremetruckperformance.com/?page_id=6

anyhow, someone with an S12 (VG30) installed plenum spacer kit and saw a big change in temps--150/160* to 100* with the lower intake being at roughly 200* F.

Edited by Cuong Nguyen