Shimmy Shimmy Shake Shake

Kittamaru

So... my rear end is still doing the weeble-wobble down the highway:

When it happens - when you let off or kick onto the accelerator suddenly; during long, sloping turns when you hit a bump that moves the rear end.

My thoughts - I know my shocks are next-to-shot... they're too light a weight shock for the truck, plus their old... at least 50k on em...

I had my entire suspension checked out by my mechanic (say a prayer for him please... he had a tire EXPLODE on him the other day and it smacked him in the face... 29 faces... not his fault granted, the tire was faulty and exploded when it was under half full) and he said other than the anti-sway bar... I think he said end links?... were a little weak, but still good.

Only thing I can think of, is that the bad shocks are mucking with it... I mean hell, I can move the truck up and down almost 2-3 feet just by pushing and pulling on the rear end...

Am I on the right track?

I dunno, just seems like she bounces up and down a @!*%load in the rear - I never really measured it lol...

Just a quick second thought - if my shocks are that worn out, and they've been this way at least 3-4 months... do I need to replace my rear springs since they've been bearing the extra load? And is there any specific damage I should look for? I know more than once I've hit the bump-stops after going over bumps *worry*

The springs should be ok I would imagine but I would check them out regardless since they are easy to look at. I've had a set that actually cracked in half at the base on the little rubber seat. If thats the case then ya I would replace them. other then that they should be alright. Besides if you plan on lifting it later your going to be doing the springs anyway.