headlights

vanuatoo

Hello

I've imported my pathy from USA to my country.

Several people told me that my headlights are european-style. As I was told american cars have different beam type than europe ones.

How is that possible?

the Europeans have different stuff on their cars than US, same with Japan. It's like that for many different brands, not just nissan. Enthusiasts will often times be able to distinguish the different trims, different bumpers, different lights, different wheels etc between the EDM, JDM, and USDM markets.

(in my opinion, we americans always get the ugliest and dumbed down versions imported here :( )

And specifically to the headlights - in US we have DOT (department of transportation) regulating the headlights which is a US only thing.

vanuatoo, if your Europen headlights do not have proper DOT markings on them then technically they are illegal :) ive had problems with this in other (modified) cars but on a low-key truck like a Pathfinder i'd be surprised to hear if you had any problems.

Edited by FUELER

vanuatoo, if your Europen headlights do not have proper DOT markings on them then technically they are illegal :) ive had problems with this in other (modified) cars but on a low-key truck like a Pathfinder i'd be surprised to hear if you had any problems.

I don't think he'll have a prob since he is back in his country, and not in the US of A anymore.

Also, someone might have bought euro style lights for yours. But, most likely its some people just making a mistake. Google that shiznitt.

Jose

I think what he is referring to is the "cut-off line" that the 2000-2004's have that make them look very much like a "European" style headlight. There is a very distinctive line that cuts across, then cuts up on the right (to illuminate the ditch side) on the low beams; there is very little light above this cut line but lots below it.

Sort of like this:

168398d1235915400-bosch-e-code-headlights-ls1-t-guys-you-want-hid-bosch-e.jpg

Of course this does not mean that we in NA actually have European spec headlights, they just look that way. vanuatoo you should probably check with your local authorities re the legality of your headlights. They are simple, but not cheap, to change assuming that there is no changes to the wiring harness or how they are mounted.

I think what he is referring to is the "cut-off line" that the 2000-2004's have that make them look very much like a "European" style headlight. There is a very distinctive line that cuts across, then cuts up on the right (to illuminate the ditch side) on the low beams; there is very little light above this cut line but lots below it.

That's close to truth I guess.