Anybody Heard Of Mat Tracks?

Astroc2002

I found this company several years back and find there design to be very impressive to the point that I'm wondering if I should put it on my future mod to my Pathfinder. Check them out and tell me what you think.

www.mattracks.com :clickdalink:

yeah, pretty much only good for snow travel, if that...I though about it, but they are pretty much useless for anything other than flotation and such, seems like they would dig into sand or mud, and wouldn't grip too great on rocks and stuff :\

Plus, i heard they are MAD expensive..

I though about it, but they are pretty much useless for anything other than flotation and such, seems like they would dig into sand or mud, and wouldn't grip too great on rocks and stuff :\

I would say i do not agree... my opinion is , if I had the money and my pathfinder was not my DD, then this would be my ultimate add-on!... I think this is the best invention ever made for off-road 4x4 enthusiasts like me. At one point I did the exercise of looking to see how much it would cost, and it would cost around 40K to equip the patty with it.... Here's a few videos.... There's a company in Ontario (eratours) that use them on there H1 to do off-road tours..

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" wmode="transparent" style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="">

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" wmode="transparent" style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="">

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" wmode="transparent" style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars=""> Edited by fleurys

Yeah...i saw those vids a while ago, but I took them as the kind of thing that tire companies do to advertise their tires...find the goopiest stuff that they KNOW it can go through, and tape that... they don't show you the REST of the trail that it needed to be towed in.....

Idk, the money to performance factor isn't enough for me, considering an SAS and big tires with beadlocks would probably be cheaper, and more efficient/attractive

Although, they would look very badass in Antarctica on a black pathy, with a roof basket filled with gear and big running boards and survival gear stuffed inside :coffee!: .....THAT would be fun as hell

Edited by OldSlowReliable

I installed something similar on a Kawasaki Mule a couple of years back. They need it to go through the swamps and marshes of Louisiana (they worked for and oilfield company. REALLY fun to play with! But down there no rocks so don't know about that, it would pull a stuck Ford F250 out of a mudhole, though. I did put it against a tree and it climbed up until it sat on the rear bumper! Fun toy!

Dunno. I don't really see the point. With these things, I feel like you aren't really driving a truck/car anymore. For me, the fun of wheeling, specially in IFS trucks, is conquering obstacles and exploring in what are (relatively speaking) lightly modified real-world vehicles that can go right back onto pavement. It's part of the reason I really don't care too much about Wranglers on 40" tires.

Why bother with trucks at all ? Just get an old Soviet BMP or tracked recovery vehicle. :tongue::shrug:

Just my personal bias.