ORV Trail Watch

site_logo.gif

http://orvtrailwatch.org/PHPbb2/index.php

ABOUT ORV TRAIL WATCH

ORV Trail Watch is a group of off road enthusiasts who want to keep designated trails, motorized recreation areas and certain campgrounds open to ORVs. Many ORV areas receive bad press and are sometimes closed completely due to irresponsible users driving off designated trails, making their own illegal trails, mudding meadows, cutting trees, trespassing and generally creating a mess. Rule breakers are cutting their own throats because they cannot see past fifteen minutes of fun. And their irresponsible behavior gives all ORV users a bad name. We want to help put a stop to it and we feel the best way we can assist is by taking pictures and reporting the rule breakers. Once people know ORV Trail Watch is out taking pictures they may think twice and maybe spread the word to their friends as well.

The purpose of this forum is to educate, use pictures against rule breakers and contribute in any way we can to help save our trails.

if you are interested please visit: http://orvtrailwatch.org/PHPbb2/index.php and sign up!

I know a bunch of those guys,, most of them are good @!*%s,

They are regular wheelers like most of us, but are trying to help get rid of the 1% that is ruining it all for our sport.

I know a bunch of those guys,, most of them are good @!*%s,

They are regular wheelers like most of us, but are trying to help get rid of the 1% that is ruining it all for our sport.

its going to be alot worse in the next 2 years since the Dem's in Olympia stole 75% of the DNR's budget for ORV trails and campgrounds. the DNR estimated that it was going to have to fire 70% of it workforce to handle the budget cuts.

ya, taking the nova funds was not good.

all we can do is police our own these days.

Have you seen what the DNR has done in the Reiter foothills (previosly known as Reiter Pit)?

i heard they closed a bunch of the trails that intersect the streams. next thing they will have a toll booth on the entrance... greedy bastards.

by the time i get my rig trail worthy enough to go wheel Elbe and Reiter they will all be closed.

stream crossing are one of the things DNR or the FS uses to close trails. they did that here on the best trail in the state.. there was absolutely nothing that could have been done. they worked with the county in the background and shut the road for ever.

ya, and for Reiter, there were people willing to donate time and material to build bridges.. but they were not Engineered, so NO.

just close it down.

at reiter, they are telling us.. yes you can go here, here, and here.. but we're taking away the acess to get there.

stream crossing are one of the things DNR or the FS uses to close trails. they did that here on the best trail in the state.. there was absolutely nothing that could have been done. they worked with the county in the background and shut the road for ever.

theyre just too F%$%ing cheap to put a culvert in and pile some rock over the top. if the greenines would leave the ORV budget alone they could fix the trails so that they werent having a negative impact on the fisheries.

well, in our case the old road actually went up a waterfall and up the creek. the FS was supposed to "fix it"..(i thiink they cut in a whole new road) <-- how's that for low impact? i haven't been there to see it as i am still too pissed off and this has been a few years ago now. the result of them wanting to protect this one area is that there is a lot more damage everywhere else now. excluding ORVs is definitely not the right way to go.. i argued with the FS using their own statements and writings.. FS just completely ignored it and actually told me that it was all irrelevant.. how in the f is that irrelevant when the FS itself says that our national resources are for ALL of us to use.. what a crock.. ORV is are completely excluded in all of the state and national forests here. not one trail exists..

however, the state did step up (with a lot of hard work from the ORV community) and made a couple of riding areas.. they are good but small and freaking far away..

well, in our case the old road actually went up a waterfall and up the creek. the FS was supposed to "fix it"..(i thiink they cut in a whole new road) <-- how's that for low impact? i haven't been there to see it as i am still too pissed off and this has been a few years ago now. the result of them wanting to protect this one area is that there is a lot more damage everywhere else now. excluding ORVs is definitely not the right way to go.. i argued with the FS using their own statements and writings.. FS just completely ignored it and actually told me that it was all irrelevant.. how in the f is that irrelevant when the FS itself says that our national resources are for ALL of us to use.. what a crock.. ORV is are completely excluded in all of the state and national forests here. not one trail exists..

however, the state did step up (with a lot of hard work from the ORV community) and made a couple of riding areas.. they are good but small and freaking far away..

sign of the times.

have you kicked a tree hugging hippy in the nuts lately?

it WILL make you feel better