Can't this be made?

ticker

I have been throwing some codes and it was suggested that I check out this TSB because it is multiple codes as once and suggests a bad circuit:

"There is a TSB concerning some of these codes. NTB99-004b. Says it may be a poor ground connection. A new ground sub harness is recommended to be installed.

Sub harness- 24075-0W060

Wiring clip- 01552-00401KK

Hex Bolt- 08146-8121G

Thanks to 5523Pathfinder

After following the test procedure on the attached document I'm pretty sure that this could be a fix. The sub harness which looks like two wires with loops on the end costs anywhere from $85.00-$100.00+. Which seems crazy considering how basic it looks. Is there any reason why I can't fab something like this up? Thanks

nissan_o2_sensor_dtc_repairs.pdf

Edited by ticker

:beer: Thanks, That's what I thought. Is there anyway to figure out the bolt thread and size from the part number so I can get it at the auto part store? It is supposed to be larger than the ground bolts in the manifold. They're only a couple bucks from the dealer but the auto store is so much closer to my house.

Well I figured it out. The bolts in the top of the manifold are M6 x 16mm and the ones in the engine block are M8x 16mm. This whole thing only cost about $10 in materials. Which is pretty good considering the Nissan part was around $100.00. Seriously overpriced and a bit insulting really. Hopefully this will take care of the problem codes the ecu was throwing.

first pic is top of manifold with the new bolts in the front

second is how wires are run using the white zipties

third is the engine block bolts near alternator

post-1770-1245772203_thumb.jpg

post-1770-1245772213_thumb.jpg

post-1770-1245772271_thumb.jpg

Edited by ticker
  • Like 3

SO all this does is help gound continutiy between the manifold and the block?

That's slimpler than the TSB makes it sound lol.

Good job, and way to get yourself a 90% markdown and free labor :aok:

Nope, CEL came back on after about 60 miles. :mellow: Oh well at least it only cost a coupe bucks. I think the next step is to replace the knock sensor. I really didn't want to because it involves taking off the exhaust manifold which looks like a real PITA. Since I have to take the manifold off just to check it I figure I might as well replace it while I'm in there. Question; do I need 2 manifold gaskets? one for each side? or when purchasing "exhasut manifold gasket" it comes with both?

Thanks

T

Crap, :headwall: i just looked at the instructions again and see that I may have attached the sub harness to the wrong spot on the manifold. It is supposed to attach to the original ground points that are more towards the center. I'm going to re attach, re set the ecu and see what happens. Disregard above until further notice!! :blush02:

Edited by ticker

• 4 weeks later...

It seems to be working. I've put about 600 miles on the pathy since I adjusted the harness to the correct mounting points. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed. :)

• 6 years later...

can anyone provide some additional information on building the harness? What was the length and wire used? I can see grabbing most of the stuff needed at the local hardware store but wanted to see if you recommended a specific gauge wire or type eyelets. I see the bolt sizes above but don't see anything else.

• 2 years later...

simple question i hope - but I've got a buddy with an 01 xterra that's throwing three O2 sensor codes for no activity (po134/140/154). Seems like this is an option, in addition to cleaning all other grounds.

so: when installing this harness, do you simply secure one pair of eyelets under the existing ECCS harness and the other to the lower engine mounts? maybe a dumb question... my apologies. just trying to be sure that there's no modification to the existing ground contacts on the ECCS harness.