cold air intakes

smoke

anyone done a cold air intake for the pathy????looking to do one for mine andyone have pointers where to place and what kits to use if any thanx mates.....

snorkle? depends where you are at, in texas or Winterpeg.. ya go for it.. in "our" neck of hte woods.. waist of money

Mmmm... I dunno about that. He was on 38s and one of the reasons I didn't wade in was the air box...

DSC_0169.jpg

The only problem that I see with the Snorkel that AC sells is that there is an antena cutout on the wrong side. Also 385.00 for something that I might not even need. With a subframe drop and 33's, that would have to be some deep deep water

not going to be going offraod much.....no water......my intake was fskced up by the ppl that orked on it before i hade the car......was going to make a cold ai in take to save me money from buyin a neew box to manifold.

The only problem that I see with the Snorkel that AC sells is that there is an antena cutout on the wrong side. Also 385.00 for something that I might not even need. With a subframe drop and 33's, that would have to be some deep deep water

SFD and 33s aside, the airbox is still low in the R50. Hydrolocking an engine does take a fair amount of water but avoiding that scenario altogether makes spending ~$400 a good idea to me. ;)

And do what Dan did: get the D22 Navara/Frontier snorkel. It mounts up pretty much the same and does not require cutting any steel. :aok:

SFD and 33s aside, the airbox is still low in the R50. Hydrolocking an engine does take a fair amount of water but avoiding that scenario altogether makes spending ~$400 a good idea to me. ;)

And do what Dan did: get the D22 Navara/Frontier snorkel. It mounts up pretty much the same and does not require cutting any steel. :aok:

How did he do that? The airbox is in the engine bay, and the snorkel goes on the outside and up, how did he mount it to avoid cutting steep?

How did he do that? The airbox is in the engine bay, and the snorkel goes on the outside and up, how did he mount it to avoid cutting steep?

I'd PM him to find that out. I know there's a write-up; just not sure where. I think flex hose was used or something.

It DOES require cutting steel, just not chassis, sub-frame structural steel. I used plastic flex-hose to route the air into the air box, and just cut sheet metal.

Also, GPG, is that Lake Christie at Rausch?

sorry to thread jack a little...but lovemypathy-

your avatar takes my entire day! i get stuck watching it for a few moments, then i can't look away!!! :o

back on topic-

Im never getting a regular CAI, simply because the risk of stalling out by going through a large puddle, is a little too risky for someone on a budget like me..